Region 5AA 2020

ddaddy

Region week with some huge games being played that will go a long way in determining who makes the playoffs and seed.

2-2 Forrest at Loretto. Forrest is 1-0 in the region while this will be Loretto’s first region game. I could not have said it any better, so this is copy from the General’s post: Since these two have been in R5. Forrest is 3-0 by a combined 129-46. Average score 43-15.  Looks like this will be the tightest one yet. The first halves have usually been close. Loretto is very physical but doesn't seem to be able to put 2 halves together.  This year, Forrest is 2-2 with victories over East Robertson and Eagleville, and losses to Moore Co and Portland. Loretto is 2-1, with a high scoring loss to Lawrence. They beat Wayne Co 7-0 in a Forrest type game and had a COVID forfeit last week against Collinwood. They had a bye Sept 4, so this is their first actual game in over 3 weeks. They should be healthy while Forrest is not only banged up, they are emotionally reeling from the McClendon injury. No telling how this goes down. Very long road trip. 73 miles one way. (ME) I believe that Loretto is untested while Forrest has been to war which could play a huge part in who wins this game.

4-0 Lewis Co. at 3-1 Summertown. Most believe that this could decide the region champ. ST’s most impressive game so far may have been last week’s 31-14 loss to a very good DCA team. The score may not have indicated how close the game really was. Summertown defeated LC last year on the road so LC will be attempting to avenge that loss. Look for this game to be decided in the 4th qrt. On a side note, the Defensive Coordinator for ST is a former Mr. Football winner at LC and was OL coach for the Panthers. He is very familiar with the blocking schemes and attack progression of the LC offense.

1-3 Community at 1-3 Eagleville. Last week Community got their first win of the year at Cannon Co. as did EV against Picket Co. Being on the road is nothing new to Community, this will be their 4th in a roll. Most, including me, would predict a blowout by EV, but never underestimate a game between neighbors less than 15 minutes away.  Also, remember that 2 years ago a 1-9 Community played a 7-4 EV playoff team to a 30-35 slobber knocker in a close loss.      

On 9/13/2020 at 4:11 PM, ddaddy said:

Region week with some huge games being played that will go a long way in determining who makes the playoffs and seed.

2-2 Forrest at Loretto. Forrest is 1-0 in the region while this will be Loretto’s first region game. I could not have said it any better, so this is copy from the General’s post: Since these two have been in R5. Forrest is 3-0 by a combined 129-46. Average score 43-15.  Looks like this will be the tightest one yet. The first halves have usually been close. Loretto is very physical but doesn't seem to be able to put 2 halves together.  This year, Forrest is 2-2 with victories over East Robertson and Eagleville, and losses to Moore Co and Portland. Loretto is 2-1, with a high scoring loss to Lawrence. They beat Wayne Co 7-0 in a Forrest type game and had a COVID forfeit last week against Collinwood. They had a bye Sept 4, so this is their first actual game in over 3 weeks. They should be healthy while Forrest is not only banged up, they are emotionally reeling from the McClendon injury. No telling how this goes down. Very long road trip. 73 miles one way. (ME) I believe that Loretto is untested while Forrest has been to war which could play a huge part in who wins this game.

4-0 Lewis Co. at 3-1 Summertown. Most believe that this could decide the region champ. ST’s most impressive game so far may have been last week’s 31-14 loss to a very good DCA team. The score may not have indicated how close the game really was. Summertown defeated LC last year on the road so LC will be attempting to avenge that loss. Look for this game to be decided in the 4th qrt. On a side note, the Defensive Coordinator for ST is a former Mr. Football winner at LC and was OL coach for the Panthers. He is very familiar with the blocking schemes and attack progression of the LC offense.

1-3 Community at 1-3 Eagleville. Last week Community got their first win of the year at Cannon Co. as did EV against Picket Co. Being on the road is nothing new to Community, this will be their 4th in a roll. Most, including me, would predict a blowout by EV, but never underestimate a game between neighbors less than 15 minutes away.  Also, remember that 2 years ago a 1-9 Community played a 7-4 EV playoff team to a 30-35 slobber knocker in a close loss.      

My understanding is that Community is getting some players back that had left them with only 21 vs Lewis County. Word was they had some success with the passing game and had gotten several guys back. I think most expected Eagleville to contend for a mid pack finish and they have surely disappointed thus far. Could be the most interesting game of the night. Im going out on a limb and say Community in an upset.

32 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

LOL NO KIDDING

I mean if ya gotta be wrong at least one is in your teams favor ! I got LC and Forrest right,I based your game on non football facts though,all emotion,those young men weren't gonna take a L after the heartbreak they  endured ! Says alot for your youth sir !!!! 

Edited by PeabodyPride

Week 6 is upon us and we are starting to get a  more clear picture of how the pecking order of the region will play out. This week’s game are momentum games.
The biggest game in the region this week is 3-2 Summertown at in 2-2 Loretto. In 2018 ST traveled to Loretto and were defeated 31-15. Last year ST squeaked out a 31-30 win. A ST loss would most likely keep them from hosting a playoff game and could jeopardize their playoff chances altogether. I think it will be close, but ST should come out on top.  
5-0 Lewis Co also plays their longtime rival in Hickman Co. This will be a reunion of former players as HC’s head coach and defensive coordinator both played and coached at LC for Coach Sharp. On paper it shouldn’t be close, but this rivalry has always been a battle.  LC is clicking right now so look for them to pull away late. 
3-2 Forrest is traveling to Lawrence Co . This was a game that they won easily last year, but don’t bet on that this year. Forrest should win, but it most likely will be close. A win would give them the momentum that they will need for next week’s showdown with ST. 
2-3 Eagleville host an Angry Moore Co. This could be loss #4 for EV with Lewis Co up next. Eagleville is well coached and have some playmakers. If they could pull this one out that would give them the momentum they need going into next week. 

1-4 Community plays Cascade in a game that could be close, but don’t bet the farm. Community has players but not enough for a victory. 

3 hours ago, ddaddy said:

Week 6 is upon us and we are starting to get a  more clear picture of how the pecking order of the region will play out. This week’s game are momentum games.
The biggest game in the region this week is 3-2 Summertown at in 2-2 Loretto. In 2018 ST traveled to Loretto and were defeated 31-15. Last year ST squeaked out a 31-30 win. A ST loss would most likely keep them from hosting a playoff game and could jeopardize their playoff chances altogether. I think it will be close, but ST should come out on top.  
5-0 Lewis Co also plays their longtime rival in Hickman Co. This will be a reunion of former players as HC’s head coach and defensive coordinator both played and coached at LC for Coach Sharp. On paper it shouldn’t be close, but this rivalry has always been a battle.  LC is clicking right now so look for them to pull away late. 
3-2 Forrest is traveling to Lawrence Co . This was a game that they won easily last year, but don’t bet on that this year. Forrest should win, but it most likely will be close. A win would give them the momentum that they will need for next week’s showdown with ST. 
2-3 Eagleville host an Angry Moore Co. This could be loss #4 for EV with Lewis Co up next. Eagleville is well coached and have some playmakers. If they could pull this one out that would give them the momentum they need going into next week. 

1-4 Community plays Cascade in a game that could be close, but don’t bet the farm. Community has players but not enough for a victory. 

Im going to go with Summertown by 7, Moore Co by 10, Lewis County by 14, Lawrence County by 7, and Cascade by 10

Region rundown.....

Lewis County is the clear front runner. I dont foresee any upsets along the way that will keep them from winning the Region.
Summertown looks like the #2 team. They should win out in the region and finish #2
Forrest gets the upper hand for 3rd with the big emotional win at Loretto. 
I still think Loretto gets in as the 4. They seem to be Heckyll and Jyde. One week they have a defense, next it is offense, then they have a grinder where both fail. 
Eagleville is the only team that would still knock Loretto out. IF they can show up and play a solid game, I could see them knocking off the Mustangs. They key would be to show up and play and not lay an egg like they have early in the season here. Two straight wins against really bad teams does give them some momentum.
Community...not much to say here. They had their shot to show marked improvement and they forgot to show up.

38 minutes ago, Vandychris said:

Region rundown.....

Lewis County is the clear front runner. I dont foresee any upsets along the way that will keep them from winning the Region.
Summertown looks like the #2 team. They should win out in the region and finish #2
Forrest gets the upper hand for 3rd with the big emotional win at Loretto. 
I still think Loretto gets in as the 4. They seem to be Heckyll and Jyde. One week they have a defense, next it is offense, then they have a grinder where both fail. 
Eagleville is the only team that would still knock Loretto out. IF they can show up and play a solid game, I could see them knocking off the Mustangs. They key would be to show up and play and not lay an egg like they have early in the season here. Two straight wins against really bad teams does give them some momentum.
Community...not much to say here. They had their shot to show marked improvement and they forgot to show up.

Good post. I think Forrest can beat ST