Region 6-3A Thread 2020

BoardHater71

11 hours ago, Beamerball said:

Did Fairview take a covid loss?  And what happened in East Hickman and Stewart game?

It's a "No Contest" because it's a non region game.  Waverly gets a win however Fairview does not get a loss.  The same thing for when Stewart County/McEwen and Fairview/East Hickman were supposed to be played.  

COVID "forfeits" are only losses if it's a Region Contest.  

1 minute ago, Swarm said:

Fine mess is what all of this is. School boards will be cancelling Christmas on teams left and right going forward. It's only just begun IMO unless common sense makes a push. I don't see that happening. 

I hope everyone is able to play next week.  Fairview and Sycamore share a common "built in bye week" on their schedules so if the game cannot be played it makes perfect sense for it to be moved to the week of 10/16 (Week Nine).  

7 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Was it Covid swarm or they using that as a excuse?

No excuses to be made.  It happened.  Now we can only hope to be able to move on from it and play the next game.  Reflecting on it does no good at the end of the day.  

Next week's Region 6-3A Schedule:

Fairview at Sycamore

Stewart at Harpeth

Camden at Cheatham County

• Upvote 1

On 9/11/2020 at 9:42 PM, Beamerball said:

Did Fairview take a covid loss?  And what happened in East Hickman and Stewart game?

The County shutdown the high school.  All sports and activities are closed until Wednesday at the earliest.  Zero activity is allowed.  This is Covid related.  Activities were cancelled at 3:00 on Friday.  

East dropped the game with us.  Not sure if it was Covid related or not.  I heard they had a number of kids out.  

Edited by FVJackets

3 hours ago, FVJackets said:

The County shutdown the high school.  All sports and activities are closed until Wednesday at the earliest.  Zero activity is allowed.  This is Covid related.  Activities were cancelled at 3:00 on Friday.  

East dropped the game with us.  Not sure if it was Covid related or not.  I heard they had a number of kids out.  

Harpeth High just closed for 2 weeks due to covid. I would imagine they will not play next 2 weeks.

On 9/12/2020 at 12:52 PM, FBfan26 said:

Was it Covid swarm or they using that as a excuse?

Yes sir it was another example of covid protocol superceding common sense and sound judgement IMO. 

No sense in griping about it now because that ship has sailed. Can't shake the suspicion that many others will be affected like this in the near future.