Jefferson Co - WTH

1OldPatriot

40 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

What in the world has happened to JeffCo?? They haven’t been that good in 20 years it doesn’t seem. 

No we haven’t, aside from a 2 year run under Meadows in 02 and 03. I thought Spencer Riley would instill that toughness the program was built on, but this year’s team is sponsored by Charmin. They have a couple of OL who are so fat they can’t get out of their stance

3 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

No we haven’t, aside from a 2 year run under Meadows in 02 and 03. I thought Spencer Riley would instill that toughness the program was built on, but this year’s team is sponsored by Charmin. They have a couple of OL who are so fat they can’t get out of their stance

Hate to hear that. I have a lot of respect for the Patriot program. Had a 2nd cousin play for them on that great ‘85 team, although he didn’t get to play very much as a Sophomore at the time. 

On 9/7/2020 at 9:17 AM, blazer1set said:

https://tssaa.org/article/school-classifications-by-sport-2017-2021

Looks like JC is in the top 10 in terms of enrollment

Reminds me of the saying, “it ain’t the size of the dog in the fight, it is about the size of the fight in the dog”. In the infamous rant by David Bennet, “We need more dogs, got to many cats”

I don't think Spencer is the problem here. The issue here is more than half the parents that have kids going there are not fit to raise dogs much less kids. Why in the world do people not understand why George Quarles wouldn't return to this mess or the last head coach left and took a position job at Maryville. A private school was built nearby to save what all good kids it could like the Carpathia showing up to rescue people off the Titanic. I know i will catch some grief off of this but I have family there I don't claim anymore because their part of this problem.