Jefferson Co - WTH

1OldPatriot

As far as I can tell the lack of talent is a huge problem for jeff right now. I've been around the program for over a decade now. This years team lacks playmakers everywhere.   I really hate it for these kids some of them really work and play there butts off.  6a region 1 is a tough region if you ain't good at all aspects of the game you are gonna take some beatings. Unfortunately for the patriots they are already taking them. The next 3 against science hill anderson county and dobyns Bennett will probably be running clocks early in the 3rd quarter.  It's hard to watch but it is what it is.  Go Patriots 

On 9/12/2020 at 10:10 AM, StateChampion87 said:

Gracious hosts is code for we best your butt and made you  like it. You have really good team. Your QB was not very impressive last pm. If you want to win it he’s going to have to play much better.

No code - I’ve just been to several facilities where the home team fans and staff were horrible to deal with and treated you as the enemy rather than just an opposing fan.  I found your fans and staff gracious and friendly.  It was a compliment.

Starting QB accounted for 3 scores and no turnovers In 2 quarters of work.  Same signal caller got us to the semifinals last year so I think he will be ok.  

I have him 4 of 8 for 85 yards and 2 tds when we went up 21 to 0 with around 4 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter.  Looks like 3 straight incompletions to end the half.  Started the third quarter with a 80 yard td run then added a pick that we return to the 3 yard line before he punched it in from  the 3 to make it a 35-0 running clock 2 minutes into the third quarter and he called it a night.  Finished  5 of 13 (6 incompletions on 2 drives) with 2 Passing and 1 rushing td.  Again - hard to complain for 2 quarters of work.  We can agree to disagree.  

• Upvote 1

On 9/15/2020 at 11:52 AM, Pat2016 said:

As far as I can tell the lack of talent is a huge problem for jeff right now. I've been around the program for over a decade now. This years team lacks playmakers everywhere.   I really hate it for these kids some of them really work and play there butts off.  6a region 1 is a tough region if you ain't good at all aspects of the game you are gonna take some beatings. Unfortunately for the patriots they are already taking them. The next 3 against science hill anderson county and dobyns Bennett will probably be running clocks early in the 3rd quarter.  It's hard to watch but it is what it is.  Go Patriots 

Region 1 6A is one of the weakest 6A regions in the state. Rarely get a team past round 2. No excuse for a team to have so many deficiencies in that size of school and a staff in place for several years. Part of the issue is the fact that they rarely sub when getting blown out. Last year, with 6 games having running clocks by halftime, the back up QB took no snaps. Many other positions in the same boat.

On 9/15/2020 at 3:53 PM, MeritIII said:

No code - I’ve just been to several facilities where the home team fans and staff were horrible to deal with and treated you as the enemy rather than just an opposing fan.  I found your fans and staff gracious and friendly.  It was a compliment.

Starting QB accounted for 3 scores and no turnovers In 2 quarters of work.  Same signal caller got us to the semifinals last year so I think he will be ok.  

Your QB is a good player, but he had an off night. He will have to be more consistent to beat the teams you have to beat. 5A in Knoxville area is very good. I do think Central is a little down from last 2 years, and OR is injured right now. Powell is very good, but young QB may be able to be rattled by your defense.

13 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

Your QB is a good player, but he had an off night. He will have to be more consistent to beat the teams you have to beat. 5A in Knoxville area is very good. I do think Central is a little down from last 2 years, and OR is injured right now. Powell is very good, but young QB may be able to be rattled by your defense.

Defense and the run game is how west will win games.  Passing is a bonus.