South Pittsburg vs Marion County (Pirates vs Warriors)

Southtowner

1 hour ago, Batman said:

Agree 100%, I wear a mask when needed. Outside in wide open spaces isn't one of them. National Political politics bias narrative has trickled down to TSSAA and local government .

Old Pirate says the TSSAA needs season to get to the playoffs to collect a paycheck. Figure the requirements will get stricter. What would happen if one team in the championship game got shut down because of covid19? 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate got hold of ROY in an attempt to get this mess sorted out. Figure RD don’t want no more to do with coacht. He is more than right smart concerned with keeping that skillet slinger happy. That goat ain’t a bit good neither. Leastways, figure The Captain will gladly exchange a weak RB gate fer a Jasper gate. Ifin the players could pick between RB & Jasper, No doubt, they’d pick Jasper. Proper feuding with Jasper & a whipping is a must. Now that’s figuring them jailhouse kinfolkes show up. They’s been a stinch in the air since last week. Appears them jasperettes is attempting to catch an easy route to the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

I will say this once.  I agree with most people  about the masks.  For me, I prefer people around me to wear their mask, but I’m not going to be upset if you choose not to wear one.  I have underlying condition as most of you know so I prefer people try to protect me as much as possible.  I’ve always worn a mask for many many years when I go to the hospital or a doctors appointment because of my Cystic Fibrosis.  We’ve been social distancing from other people with CF forever.  Wat h the movie “5 Feet Apart“.  We actually have always practiced the 6 foot rule, so none of this COVID stuff is new to me.  I personally believe it’s just like the flu but spreads faster.  I do believe the media and government went too far with it.   Anyways, if you don’t wear a mask that’s fine with me just know I may not get face to face with you.  It’s for my protection.  However also know that all the meds they say work best to prevent it I already take on a daily basis.  Antibiotics, Vitamin C and D, and Zinc.  I take ALOT more meds on their list too so I feel I’m pretty well protected.  Thanks guys and gals for reading this long post.  I won’t discuss politics or how COVID is handled.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I will say this once.  I agree with most people  about the masks.  For me, I prefer people around me to wear their mask, but I’m not going to be upset if you choose not to wear one.  I have underlying condition as most of you know so I prefer people try to protect me as much as possible.  I’ve always worn a mask for many many years when I go to the hospital or a doctors appointment because of my Cystic Fibrosis.  We’ve been social distancing from other people with CF forever.  Wat h the movie “5 Feet Apart“.  We actually have always practiced the 6 foot rule, so none of this COVID stuff is new to me.  I personally believe it’s just like the flu but spreads faster.  I do believe the media and government went too far with it.   Anyways, if you don’t wear a mask that’s fine with me just know I may not get face to face with you.  It’s for my protection.  However also know that all the meds they say work best to prevent it I already take on a daily basis.  Antibiotics, Vitamin C and D, and Zinc.  I take ALOT more meds on their list too so I feel I’m pretty well protected.  Thanks guys and gals for reading this long post.  I won’t discuss politics or how COVID is handled.  

PM, is yous been able to see the Pirates yet? 

51 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate got hold of ROY in an attempt to get this mess sorted out. Figure RD don’t want no more to do with coacht. He is more than right smart concerned with keeping that skillet slinger happy. That goat ain’t a bit good neither. Leastways, figure The Captain will gladly exchange a weak RB gate fer a Jasper gate. Ifin the players could pick between RB & Jasper, No doubt, they’d pick Jasper. Proper feuding with Jasper & a whipping is a must. Now that’s figuring them jailhouse kinfolkes show up. They’s been a stinch in the air since last week. Appears them jasperettes is attempting to catch an easy route to the playoffs. 

I don't mind swapping the Red Bank game for the Jasper game.  But now that we have that week open, who's to say Jasper will even wanna play?  PP68 has already brought up a good point in that Jasper will have to go into that game with no practice for 2 weeks. 

The way things go between the 2 schools,  someone is always gonna be left holding the bag so to speak and blamed for events completely out of their control. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Was mentioned quite a few times in the Marion thread you just had. I hoped you all keep us. We would benefit from playing each other I think.

I believe we benefit as well.

And I think folks were just talking and thinking out loud.  We need the Meigs game.  At least that's what I'm thinking and hearing from those close to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says the TSSAA needs season to get to the playoffs to collect a paycheck. Figure the requirements will get stricter. What would happen if one team in the championship game got shut down because of covid19? 

Rules for playoffs if a team cant play because of Covid it's a forfiet,the other team gets a bye if in the finals it's a forfeit other team gets the Gold.