South Pittsburg vs Marion County (Pirates vs Warriors)

Southtowner

Someone on social media had a good point.  If they drop the rivalry then some of them think they will get consolidation approved.  Since they believe the rivalry is the ONLY reason SO doesn’t want to consolidate.  But they are wrong.  There are so many other reasons to not consolidate.  I don’t know Jasper’s reasoning but from the outside looking in it appears they are chickens.  Get COVID the day of...cancel meeting to reschedule...claim not enough practice time.  Well I’ll say this Jasper, you could practice all year and still not beat us.  If you are scared say it.  All we’ve heard is how much of a better team y’all have this year and that “some” of you believe you could actually make it a game.  So why are you backing out now?  Ridiculous!  Schedule North Jackson and be done with Jasper!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Someone on social media had a good point.  If they drop the rivalry then some of them think they will get consolidation approved.  Since they believe the rivalry is the ONLY reason SO doesn’t want to consolidate.  But they are wrong.  There are so many other reasons to not consolidate.  I don’t know Jasper’s reasoning but from the outside looking in it appears they are chickens.  Get COVID the day of...cancel meeting to reschedule...claim not enough practice time.  Well I’ll say this Jasper, you could practice all year and still not beat us.  If you are scared say it.  All we’ve heard is how much of a better team y’all have this year and that “some” of you believe you could actually make it a game.  So why are you backing out now?  Ridiculous!  Schedule North Jackson and be done with Jasper!

^ That's a Mike drop.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Good post PM! 

Being a Pirate and live in Marion county this is sad and really hurts. It doesn't surprise me because of how arrogant they have always been but still hurts. We've taken out butt kickings when they were better so come and and give the real fans what they want. I hope jeremy pruitt is a better man than his dad is. By the way where are the Jasper fans with their opinions

Edited by MrLegit

I paid $35 for a 5 game home season pass.  No refunds.  So far it has gotten me in to see the Grundy game.  Hopefully the home games against Sale Creek and Copper Basin will be played.  Otherwise I'd have paid $35 to watch us play Grundy.

@Roy Dillard do you hear this mess?  Grider charged me $35 for the Grundy game. 

All they’ve talked about is how much better they are this year and how much team speed they have and how their lineman are bigger than the past couple years.  I seriously doubt a senior at Jasper said “Coach, don’t reschedule SP”.  This had to be an executive decision by the Coach or AD or Principal.  I just don’t see it being the latter 2.  

Just now, Southtowner said:

I paid $35 for a 5 game home season pass.  No refunds.  So far it has gotten me in to see the Grundy game.  Hopefully the home games against Sale Creek and Copper Basin will be played.  Otherwise I'd have paid $35 to watch us play Grundy.

@Roy Dillard do you hear this mess?  Grider charged me $35 for the Grundy game. 

I did the same.  I don’t mind it being a donation to the football team.  I knew that before I bought it, but still...