Milan -vs- Lexington

tigerpride22

2 hours ago, Poundtherock23 said:

I’ve got no skin in this game and wish the best to both teams. Milan is in the way back up and will be a tough out for anyone, but I give the slight edge to Lexington in this game. Lexington is going to turn a lot of heads this year imho. I’ve got them picked to win their region. If this game was played later in the year I’d pick Milan, but with the coaching change and covid delays I still think they’re working things out. 

So you think Lexington will beat out Hardin Co. for the region championship??

1 minute ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Gotcha. It may happen but you would be in the minority on that. I respect your opinion though. 

The only reason I gave Lexington the slight advantage against your Bulldogs is the coaching change and the lack of practice winder new coaches....it’s more or less a pick’em game in my mind.

6 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

You sound confident in that. I dont see that happening!

Hey I might be totally wrong.....and I’ve been wrong many times before. It’s just my gut feeling. Nothing against Hardin County, they’ve got a great team this year. And if I’m wrong I’ll be the first to call a spade a spade, you can bet on that!

1 minute ago, Poundtherock23 said:

Hey I might be totally wrong.....and I’ve been wrong many times before. It’s just my gut feeling. Nothing against Hardin County, they’ve got a great team this year. And if I’m wrong I’ll be the first to call a spade a spade, you can bet on that!

Same. Both teams off to a hot start. Will be a great game! But this is a Milan- Lexington thread so won’t say anymore about that matchup on here. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/6/2020 at 5:54 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Ok I’m going to throw this out there so someone try and change my mind. Milan beat Lexington last year 21-15. Lexington brings back the house with an experienced coaching staff. Same team we beat last year with a dud for a head coach. We bring back the house from a team that beat Lexington and have added some key transfers that showed out against South Gibson (ask Manof Millions). Plus we got a HUGE upgrade in coaching and got Morris back as an assistant who will be more than familiar with Lexington. Lexington will not be prepared for the new look Milan offense. We put up 35 last week against the defending region champ. Someone please tell me why Milan would be an underdog in this game??  And for the record I’m not saying they aren’t. I’m just saying this stuff to spark conversation. 

All those transfers huh, from what I have seen the new coach has not wowed me yet, I know he has a good resume and all in Miss. and it is still early so he could make this team much better by the end of the season. Me personally, I believe Lexington's biggest problem over the years will be their biggest advantage this week. Milan is fast but I believe Lexington will be able to run on the inside against them. They should stick to doing just that while throwing in a few wrinkles (not too many) to keep them honest. Do that and I believe they will wear them down and should be able to win it in the 4th quarter. I still feel that it will be within a couple scores, gonna say 31-21 Lexington, I will have my eye on this one...