Milan -vs- Lexington

tigerpride22

4 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

All those transfers huh, from what I have seen the new coach has not wowed me yet, I know he has a good resume and all in Miss. and it is still early so he could make this team much better by the end of the season. Me personally, I believe Lexington's biggest problem over the years will be their biggest advantage this week. Milan is fast but I believe Lexington will be able to run on the inside against them. They should stick to doing just that while throwing in a few wrinkles (not too many) to keep them honest. Do that and I believe they will wear them down and should be able to win it in the 4th quarter. I still feel that it will be within a couple scores, gonna say 31-21 Lexington, I will have my eye on this one...

Very few coaches will wow anyone against Trenton Peabody.  But if you watched the South Gibson game it was a night and day difference from Peabody. What you said Lexington needs to do is what Peabody did and what South Gibson tried to do. Peabody could run straight at us and wear us down because they had the studs in the trenches to do it and SG didn’t. Does Lexington?  They didn’t last year. And if their bringing all those starters back what’s the difference.  ?? This is why I think this game will be a much lower scoring game. I say both teams in the teens with it going either way. 

Last years game was close.  Milan's QB in the open filed was probably the difference in the game.  He hurt Lexington with his ability outside of the pocket.  That combined with Lexington kicking the ball to him and not be able to contain him was the difference in my opinion.  Both teams appear to be better than last year and may come down to who has the fewest penalties and turnovers. 

7 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Very few coaches will wow anyone against Trenton Peabody.  But if you watched the South Gibson game it was a night and day difference from Peabody. What you said Lexington needs to do is what Peabody did and what South Gibson tried to do. Peabody could run straight at us and wear us down because they had the studs in the trenches to do it and SG didn’t. Does Lexington?  They didn’t last year. And if their bringing all those starters back what’s the difference.  ?? This is why I think this game will be a much lower scoring game. I say both teams in the teens with it going either way. 

The difference can be big, and for them so far it seems like it might be. I am speaking from our stand point at Springfield and in particularly on the line on both sides of the ball, those kids have gotten bigger, faster, and stronger and just have been developed very well over a years time. You know how football goes though, one or both of our analysis could be out the window in a blink.....lol

Edited by Kevin38

2 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

The difference can be big, and for them so far it seems like it might be. I am speaking from our stand point at Springfield and in particularly on the line on both sides of the ball, those kids have gotten bigger, faster, and stronger and just have been developed very well over a years time. You know how football goes though, one or both of our analysis could be out the window in a blink.....lol

I agree 100%. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

The OL has had their way with teams so far. They've looked quit impressive. This team is legit.

If people in Lexington believes they can beat Hardin County, then they need to believe they can beat Haywood County. The reason why I say that because I do believe that Hardin County can beat Haywood this year.

Regarding to the Lexington/Milan game, I think Milan is good enough, but I can't pick them. I am impressed with Lexington this year, especially with the run (which is something they have been missing for the last 2-4 years). If Lexington can do the same thing that Peabody did offensively, I think they're going to be fine. In addition, the continuity that Lexington has on the offensive line, will pay off. I don't think the home field advantage will benefit Lexington, just like I know having Jeff Morris on staff at Milan has little impact on this game. I like Milan's future, but not so much regarding to their present. Everyone wants instant success in Bulldog Country, but just because they added a new coaching staff, doesn't mean they're going to turn everything around instantly.

I have seen both teams in this contest. Both teams are much improved from last year. I am going to pick Lexington in this game because I think they have a better OLine. I will take the team with the better front 5 every single time. I hate Milan when we are playing them, but they are from Gibson county and I am pro Gibson county when they are not playing my Hornets. Just simply calling it like I see it. Now that we have 2 or 3 games played from most schools we are seeing who is good and not so good. I think Milan absolutely could win this game. They have some play makers on the O and a ton of team speed on the D. It should be a good game.

I believe in the second half of the game Lexington is going to grind out 13-16+ scoring drives and it will just break the fight of the Dawgs. 

Milan, prove me wrong. 

I will also add this, My predictions this year are trash. Normally I am fair at it... This year total trash. 

4 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

I have seen both teams in this contest. Both teams are much improved from last year. I am going to pick Lexington in this game because I think they have a better OLine. I will take the team with the better front 5 every single time. I hate Milan when we are playing them, but they are from Gibson county and I am pro Gibson county when they are not playing my Hornets. Just simply calling it like I see it. Now that we have 2 or 3 games played from most schools we are seeing who is good and not so good. I think Milan absolutely could win this game. They have some play makers on the O and a ton of team speed on the D. It should be a good game.

I believe in the second half of the game Lexington is going to grind out 13-16+ scoring drives and it will just break the fight of the Dawgs. 

Milan, prove me wrong. 

I will also add this, My predictions this year are trash. Normally I am fair at it... This year total trash. 

You know I respect your opinion cause you know what your talking about. I just hope we prove you wrong. 

On 9/5/2020 at 9:23 AM, tigerpride22 said:

Scoring hasn't really been a problem with Lexington so far this year.  The past two games we have started the 2nd half with a running clock.  Lexington's 1st team defense has only given up 2 scores all year.  I'd argue that we have the biggest O-line and D-line in West TN.  Them boys are big!!  Average about 280 across the front and it aint fat.  We got the leading rusher in West TN and he had another monster game last night.  Our QB is just a pure athlete with a great football IQ plus he was all-state DB last year.  Plus our kicker continues to prove he's the best kicker in the state.

I think it will be a great game.  Its gotta be the top game in West TN this week.  And the old football adage, "the team that makes the fewest mistakes..." will be big in this game.

Good Luck

Sounds like Lexington should be all world. 

ive noticed several Lexington people say they are going to pound the ball. Well that will only work if you guys are successful passing the ball. 

@BIGPURPLEMACHINE I think they are so confident because you guys got beat by Peabody. There are people that still think we are down