Milan -vs- Lexington

tigerpride22

6 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Sounds like Lexington should be all world. 

ive noticed several Lexington people say they are going to pound the ball. Well that will only work if you guys are successful passing the ball. 

@BIGPURPLEMACHINE I think they are so confident because you guys got beat by Peabody. There are people that still think we are down 

What you said about passing the ball is so true. The game against y’all completely changed when y’all hit the two deep passes after halftime. I still don’t think we would have won because our D line was getting whipped. But in the first half the linebackers and dbs were keying in on the run and negating the push your o line was getting. Once those pass plays happened they realized they couldnt do that anymore.  You guys are not down. Trench play is nasty for y’all. South Gibson tried to do the exact same thing y’all did and got manhandled cause they didn’t have the horses up front to do it. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

On 9/8/2020 at 12:30 PM, ramblingwreck said:

Last years game was close.  Milan's QB in the open filed was probably the difference in the game.  He hurt Lexington with his ability outside of the pocket.  That combined with Lexington kicking the ball to him and not be able to contain him was the difference in my opinion.  Both teams appear to be better than last year and may come down to who has the fewest penalties and turnovers. 

This is spot on. The qb for Milan this year is better in my opinion. Got an offer from Michigan State in the last week to add to the list. 

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

What you said about passing the ball is so true. The game against y’all completely changed when y’all hit the two deep passes after halftime. I still don’t think we would have won because our D line was getting whipped. But in the first half the linebackers and dbs were keying in on the run and negating the push your o line was getting. Once those pass plays happened they realized they couldnt do that anymore.  You guys are not down. Trench play is nasty for y’all. South Gibson tried to do the exact same thing y’all did and got manhandled cause they didn’t have the horses up front to do it. 

I never thought we would be down but a lot people expected us to be. We aren’t as polished as we were last year but that is to be expected. Those seniors had 3 years of high school practice together. I think Malik our best receiver is one of the best in west tn. He caught a beautiful pass one handed against mckenzie. Driggers will be just as good as baugus it just a matter of experience.  We have running bank we didn’t even use against Milan. He burned mckenzie up. I think he may have carried the ball 5 times probably close to 100 yards rushing. 

I’ll say it again if Lexington doesn’t try to complete some passes they will get beat.