Waverly travels to Fairview

vandyfan1

To our good neighbors in Waverly. Like you all, this was one football game we in Fairview do look forward to. Whether it be the heart crushing OT loss or the last second win, we love this football game as much as you do. We’re all in uncharted waters these days. As bad as we miss the Friday Night Lights in Fairview, I think we all appreciate the efforts of keeping the players, parents and grandparents safe and healthy during these times. I think I can say as a tiny part of Yellow Jacket Nation...we apologize. But, in the grand scheme of things currently, I think we all agree that  the pigskin bouncing around on the gridiron is minimal compared to health. We, like you, hope this game is rescheduled. But, if not, you can bet Yellow Jacket Nation will be Tiger fans for the rest of your season. Until then, let’s all keep our fingers crossed and pray for each other during this mess. 

Edited by Jacketman89
  • Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Jacketman89 said:

To our fine neighbors in Waverly. Like you all, this was one football game we in Fairview do look forward to. Whether it be the heart crushing OT loss or the last second win, we love this football game as much as you do. We’re all in uncharted waters these days. As bad as we miss the Friday Night Lights in Fairview, I think we all appreciate the efforts of keeping the players, parents and grandparents safe and healthy during these times. I think I can say as a tiny part of Yellow Jacket Nation...we apologize. But, in the grand scheme of things currently, I think we all agree that  the pigskin bouncing around on the gridiron is minimal compared to health. We, like you, hope this game is rescheduled. But, if not, you can bet Yellow Jacket Nation will be Tiger fans for the rest of your season. Until then, let’s all keep our fingers crossed and pray for each other during this mess. 

Yea I hear but I spent $40 on tickets lol how do I get my money back :lol:

On 9/8/2020 at 8:12 PM, Trollin said:

Will Fairview be live streaming this game? 

I think if our defense can contain Fairview’s RB , and our OL can protect our QB this will be a ball game. Fairview’s RB is a stud! If Wavo can keep him from scoring Waverly will win. I have all the confidence in our offense and defense. Waverly is very capable of winning this game, but I’m hearing great things about Fairview. May be the best team we face all regular season. I’ll be impressed if Wavo pulls off the W, be proud if they hang in there til the end. Will be humbled if they smoke us. Either way, no better game to watch then these 2 schools! Lots of respect for Fairview and you posters. 

I hated that we did not get to play this game last night.  It's always hard fought and a great battle.  Fairview's "built in bye" is on 10/16.  Waverly's "built in bye" is on 10/9.  It's going to be virtually impossible to get the game rescheduled because the teams don't share common bye weeks. 

• Upvote 1