Naders head ovur two 825

STARSNBARS

2 hours ago, pepvol said:

Totally Agree ... It's not slamming our Players to say that either . We have a much younger team than Alcoa at key spots ... I think our team because of their youth everywhere has an extreme high side this year . Rankin going for it at that time was reckless as Heck . His Defense had played outstanding , he had a 9-0 lead , they had just stopped us again 3 and out with us losing 8 yds in those 3 plays . Their Punter was having a great night and Maryville would have had to drive the entire Field to score .  Rankin gets a lot of credit , deservedly so , but with that should come the blame when you don't perform at the high level you expect your players to live up to . Derek out coached Rankin last night , and Derek and the Maryville Staff and all the players that executed should be given their props . What's funny about Rankin is he seems to do things in the Maryville game that he doesn't do the rest of the year . 

I was surprised as heck when they went for it but I have to give Coach Rankin one bit of credit that he believed in his team enough to go for it. Up until that situation Alcoa dominated the stats and I didn't see anything changing after our first possession of the third quarter. I was sort of looking for an early escape route but man o' man what a game changer. It was like a bolt of energy hit us I couldn't believe. It was like a total meltdown capped off with that great interception and those great runs by our QB looked like someones horse had got out of the gate running down the field.

3 minutes ago, oldrebel said:

Outcoached by Maryville every year and has never beaten Maryville when the talents is near equal

Learn football. A defensive coordinator is only responsible for one side of the game.it was NOT his call to have the Offense go on a 4 n 1...especially after taking a timeout.  His defense did it's part hold Maryville to only two first downs and zero points in the first half. The offense has to do its part and give the defense a blow.  

I know one thing.....I would not trade Coach Nix for any of Maryville's defensive coaches! Now, offensive........any of them!

4 minutes ago, oldrebel said:

Outcoached by Maryville every year and has never beaten Maryville when the talents is near equal

Maryville was held to 142 total yds last night and you can't give former Maryville Rebel Brian Nix a pat on the Back ? Wanna bet on any team holding Maryville under 142 yds for the rest of the year ? I'll take that bet . If you read my other post I basically grilled Rankin , Brian Nix was not the reason Alcoa lost last night ... He's the reason Alcoa had a chance to win . 

28 minutes ago, strongx said:

!00% He can get away with it during most all the other games. Being able to cruise in their classification hurts them alot more in the murvil game than the number of students - JMO.

They do have some really good players and coaches. 2nd best group in the county and ET.

I agree Alcoa will cruise in their Classification ... But ... I think they will play a team better than any other team we'll play in our regular season when they play DB ... 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Learn football. A defensive coordinator is only responsible for one side of the game.it was NOT his call to have the Offense go on a 4 n 1...especially after taking a timeout.  His defense did it's part hold Maryville to only two first downs and zero points in the first half. The offense has to do its part and give the defense a blow.  

I know one thing.....I would not trade Coach Nix for any of Maryville's defensive coaches! Now, offensive........any of them!

You can’t have them! :grin:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OrangePylon said:

Very impressed with Derek and his kids last night. Also, was very puzzled at the decision to go for it up 9-0 but it is what it is. 

It is very easy to second guess Rankin’s decision to go for it after the game is over when it didn’t work out. In his defense, there was no way 9 points was going to win the game.......this is 21st century football where you can’t sit on a 9-0 lead,  especially against Maryvillle. Like he said in paper, if they aren’t good enough to make a 4th and 1, they didn’t deserve to win the game. 

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

FYI........old Rebel has likely won more football games than anyone in the state of Tennessee 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Our Defensive Coaches might not be to Nix’s level but Maryvilles D  did hold Alcoa to 12 points the last two years. 

I feel like the Defense last year and this year raised their game up to another Level when they played Alcoa ... Especially last year . Maryville's defense this year has looked good from day 1 but with Lou Burchfield getting healthy and Burks and Greyrider Jr coming on this Defense can carry this Team till some of our Younger Playmakers get more confidence ... which I think they will with the Toughness of Parker Mcgill and now Carson Jones as an example ! I think the Line got really fired up when Carson steamrolled the defender and they kept playing better and better . Fortenberry was a surprise to me punting , it's great to have someone who can flip the field like that !

• Like 2

6 hours ago, pepvol said:

Maryville was held to 142 total yds last night and you can't give former Maryville Rebel Brian Nix a pat on the Back ? Wanna bet on any team holding Maryville under 142 yds for the rest of the year ? I'll take that bet . If you read my other post I basically grilled Rankin , Brian Nix was not the reason Alcoa lost last night ... He's the reason Alcoa had a chance to win . 

I played with the guy (Nix) and I'd still take our D coordinator every day and twice in Sundays. Former Rebel or not, he's not better than who we have now nor was he better than Gaylor.