Naders head ovur two 825

STARSNBARS

21 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

This is a big reason that Maryville wins. Powerful stuff right there when Derek Hunt tells his players that he loves them and the players tell him they love him. I am so glad Derek is Maryville's coach.

Me too !! I remember a couple round here thought Derek was the wrong Choice ... LoL ... everyone is a Football Genius   ! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, pepvol said:

Me too !! I remember a couple round here thought Derek was the wrong Choice ... LoL ... everyone is a Football Genius   ! 

My only concern when Derek was hired that others around him would take advantage of the situation that had a helping hand in him getting the job. We've all watched him grow up as a kid until the point he is at today. I for one will tell anyone I watched him mature last year as a coach so much that I can personally say we've done well by picking him. My personal turning point was last year when we scrimaged Catholic which wasn't pretty and the very next week we run over to Oak Ridge with a 61-6 clobbering of the Wildcats. I think the people of OR couldn't wait for us to leave they were so shocked. Then the next week we unload on Central which was cut short by a thunderstorm in the second half but the message was clearly sent. i watched the GP and AE game on TV last year and was so happy we picked the right Derek after watching that. I'm so glad nothing has changed on how we do things which is another great reason I'm excited with who we have. Since I've been involved with MHS Football I've seen a few friends that were coaching at one time or the other that were close friends that are no longer coaching or moved on. One was John Olive who has moved on To Tullahoma. John was very well liked and his father was very popular in the community and I still feel the pain that all was forgotten when he just couldn't keep the team on the same level as in previous years. Seeing that was what scared me in the beginning for Derek because he was a very young man when he took that job. I'm just so glad he has done well with the program and the future looks bright. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MLREB said:

FYI........old Rebel has likely won more football games than anyone in the state of Tennessee 

Tell me this, how does that in any way change the FACT, Coach Brian Nix, the Defensive Coordinator at Alcoa is to be blamed or belittled for coming up short in the recent Alcoa vs Maryville games?  It seems that is what the winnest coach in Tennessee history is suggesting?How can he be good and still lose to Maryville? Really? Look at the resent games, it's in the stats. You know.

Lett me ennurjeck rite hear....

Coach Nix duz a outstanding job fer AHS.....Hit can not bee denied ....PERIOD.

Coach Russell and Co. haz takun Mairvul D two a knew levull imo.....Laist yeers D att Mairvul wuz tha best inn tha moddurn era ov MHS footbawl statistickally......PERIOD.  And thay didun't haiv a startur ovur 220....Bye tha end ov tha seesun eye'm knott shore eye've sean a bettur coached ewenit frum bein' sound fundamentully and bein' prepaired frum a skeam staindpoint.

Wif this yeer's yung D att MHS hit reemanes two bee seed eggzacklee how fer this bunch weal go, butt eye shore like tha urlee reeterns and progress eye'm seein'.....

:popcorneater:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

Lett me ennurjeck rite hear....

Coach Nix duz a outstanding job fer AHS.....Hit can not bee denied ....PERIOD.

Coach Russell and Co. haz takun Mairvul D two a knew levull imo.....Laist yeers D att Mairvul wuz tha best inn tha moddurn era ov MHS footbawl statistickally......PERIOD.  And thay didun't haiv a startur ovur 220....Bye tha end ov tha seesun eye'm knott shore eye've sean a bettur coached ewenit frum bein' sound fundamentully and bein' prepaired frum a skeam staindpoint.

Wif this yeer's yung D att MHS hit reemanes two bee seed eggzacklee how fer this bunch weal go, butt eye shore like tha urlee reeterns and progress eye'm seein'.....

:popcorneater:

That’s some goodur points 

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Tell me this, how does that in any way change the FACT, Coach Brian Nix, the Defensive Coordinator at Alcoa is to be blamed or belittled for coming up short in the recent Alcoa vs Maryville games?  It seems that is what the winnest coach in Tennessee history is suggesting?How can he be good and still lose to Maryville? Really? Look at the resent games, it's in the stats. You know.

You said “learn football”. I just stated that he is likely the winningest coach in the state. The point I was making is that he “ knows football. Just because he doesn’t agree with you doesn’t necessarily mean he doesn’t. 

Bryan Nix is a great DC. I love Jeremy Russell and Nick White as Co DC also.  Nix has a great track record but the main reason Alcoa defense is so good is he has the Jimmy's and the Joes big time this year. Grey Carroll is one of the best players in Alcoa history.  He has been a big thorn in Maryville side the last 3 years. Isiah Cox,Braden Anderson,Soloman Tyson,Taharin Suddereth and Cam Burden are awesome football players also. It was a major accomplishment for Maryville to beat them this year. 

5 hours ago, REBELRON said:

This is a big reason that Maryville wins. Powerful stuff right there when Derek Hunt tells his players that he loves them and the players tell him they love him. I am so glad Derek is Maryville's coach.

RR thait iz goodur stuff rite thair....and hit's knott jist coach speak.....DH spends a lott ov time wif these kids on mission trips etc and buildin reelationships wif these yung men away frum footbawl and serving othurs....And beeleeve hit orr knott, thair are sum thangs... (othur thain Momma :wub:)..... biggur inn life thain MHS footbawl......

8 minutes ago, MLREB said:

You said “learn football”. I just stated that he is likely the winningest coach in the state. The point I was making is that he “ knows football. Just because he doesn’t agree with you doesn’t necessarily mean he doesn’t. 

.....and Coach Rankin is the winningest football coach in Tennessee High School. Yea OK.!:lol:

He can have his opinion. MY opinion is he "don't know football" based on his statement!:thumb: