where is Greeneville

bigdawgtn

Way to try and Troll.  Greeneville fan's have stuck on these board for a long time even when Fulton had their 3 year run while in 4a.  The top 4a program in the last decade with a 90% winning percentage and 83% winning percentage in the play-offs and 4 gold balls and a silver ball in the trophy case.  Unless your a Betsy Fan (who is  the only 4a team to beat us in the last 3 years )  I would worry about your program getting on Greeneville's level in 4a

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

At this point Greeneville is an unknown quantity.   The past successes or failures has nothing to do with this year's team.    Greeneville lost to what turns out to be a very mediocre Boone team but you can't read a whole season into just one game.    Give Greeneville until the Sept 11 game vs. Science Hill and we will know where they stand.

15 hours ago, GangTackle said:

Most of that success was when who was coaching?????

Please stop trying to act like you know anything about the history of Greeneville High School Football.  Coach Ballard had been a coach and O Coordinator at Greeneville since the early 2000's before he took over after Coach McCurry was fired in 2008 after getting beat by Maryville in The Semi's in 4a before the TSSAA went to 6 classifications. 

2007 was when a complete culture shift at Greeneville happened when McCurry was hired.  We got a completed remodeled weight room, work outs were mandatory, Devil Camp became a thing, and the mentality had changed. I'm sure you are aware that Ballard lost 4 games his first year as a head coach didn't you? Im sure you already know that after winning back to back state title in 2010 and 2011 he has a 8-4 season after graduating that talent?  The 2017 and 2018 Greeneville teams were loaded with D1 talent that had took there lumps in the previous 2 years getting put out in the play-offs.  

Try to troll on some more when Greeneville went 10-3 last year losing to a really good 5a Powell team and then 2 close loses to the 4a state Champ in Betsy. Coach Spradlen and Greeneville will be fine so start worrying about your own team whoever that may be

Edited by Swipes
  • Upvote 1

I wish my Tribe could play Greeneville this year. Ofcourse when they are down we no longer play them. It was fun while it lasted. They served us a good couple year run of nothing more than preparation LOL. The years DB played them the most recent time, there was no way we were winning those games