GCA hosts York Institute

Raven52

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Vols4004 said:

How is Grace's ticket sales being handled this year?  How many to visitors?

I was at the South Doyle game and attendance was strong. So much so that the student section was moved to behind the end zone to make room for the rest of the fans. 

Grace has a solid Defense as well this could be a slug fest. 

1 hour ago, Raven52 said:

I was at the South Doyle game and attendance was strong. So much so that the student section was moved to behind the end zone to make room for the rest of the fans. 

Grace has a solid Defense as well this could be a slug fest. 

You can name the score.You all have got a real good shot this year.

20 hours ago, Raven52 said:

I don’t know much about York but the Rams are playing really well! The defense is absolutely stout so far. 

I’ve watched y’all some this year. Unless something drastic happens I doubt York scores on your defense unless it’s on the subs. Your offense is far better than the teams they’ve faced to date. I will be shocked if it’s close at halftime. 

17 hours ago, Vols4004 said:

How is Grace's ticket sales being handled this year?  How many to visitors?

Opposing school will be allocated a set number of tickets and they must be purchased thru York. There are no tickets available for purchase at the games. Masks are required and temperatures will be checked at the gate, “per TSSAA recommendations”, so be prepared for that and pass the word so there’s no issues with any of your folks upon arrival. I would hate to drive all the way from Jamestown just to find out there’s not any ticket sales at the game. We moved our students to the hillside to sell out the home side as season tickets that are socially distanced. I hate that we’re having to do all of this but our AD has been great at coordinating everything and following the TSSAA recommendations. I just hope we can get back to normal soon. Safe travels and good luck to you guys. 

2 hours ago, crow said:

I’ve watched y’all some this year. Unless something drastic happens I doubt York scores on your defense unless it’s on the subs. Your offense is far better than the teams they’ve faced to date. I will be shocked if it’s close at halftime. 

York played us tough last year and had some big kids. We’ve improved since last year, so I would think GCA would be favored. York did get a little chippy in the 2nd half and had several PF and USC penalties. When CRB gets flagged for taking up for his guys, you know it was bad...That crew lost control of the game and allowed too much to go on after the play. I doubt that will happen this week. 

2 minutes ago, gcapride said:

York played us tough last year and had some big kids. We’ve improved since last year, so I would think GCA would be favored. York did get a little chippy in the 2nd half and had several PF and USC penalties. When CRB gets flagged for taking up for his guys, you know it was bad...That crew lost control of the game and allowed too much to go on after the play. I doubt that will happen this week. 

York has a new HC from last year. It seems they haven’t found themselves offensively yet as they haven’t scored a TD in their first 2 games. They do have their first female player in their kicker though and I believe she was 2-2 last week. Like I said I’ve watched y’all a little bit this year, I’m thinking you’ll be fine. 

5 hours ago, gcapride said:

Opposing school will be allocated a set number of tickets and they must be purchased thru York. There are no tickets available for purchase at the games. Masks are required and temperatures will be checked at the gate, “per TSSAA recommendations”, so be prepared for that and pass the word so there’s no issues with any of your folks upon arrival. I would hate to drive all the way from Jamestown just to find out there’s not any ticket sales at the game. We moved our students to the hillside to sell out the home side as season tickets that are socially distanced. I hate that we’re having to do all of this but our AD has been great at coordinating everything and following the TSSAA recommendations. I just hope we can get back to normal soon. Safe travels and good luck to you guys. 

Thx for the update on tickets. The "@ the gate entry system"  is the same at York.