How good is DB?

timcraw

1 minute ago, timcraw said:

Im fairly new to coacht so most dont know my team is the Tribe. I'd like to see what others think of the Indians chances this season. What is a realistic finish? Are they Title Contenders? Trying to see how Biased or hard I'm being on them. What do y'all think???

DB has a very solid team.Like everyone else in east Tennessee,they will have to go through Maryville to find out where they stand as far as chances go.

Just now, BatmanDB said:

DB has a very solid team.Like everyone else in east Tennessee,they will have to go through Maryville to find out where they stand as far as chances go.

The Most complete team I've seen since watching DB. Theres no Malik or Swafford but all around we have a better team than those years. IMO

15 minutes ago, timcraw said:

The Most complete team I've seen since watching DB. Theres no Malik or Swafford but all around we have a better team than those years. IMO

They were special players ,I think Swafford as a 9th grader started against Maryville in 2009 because CS was hurt.In 2012 I was also down there to watch them against Maryville again. The reason Maryville has been so successful is they have done all the little things. That's what this DB team will have to do to compete against not only them but probably two more monsters  for a championship. It's a huge jump from TH and Bearden to playing Maryville ,Oakland and whoever for the championship.There is zero room for stupid penalties or turnovers.The kicking game will have to come along as well.I was into martial arts back in the day and my best analogy is every great opponent will bring a different challenge and you can't have any part of your fight  being weak or it will be found .

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

They were special players ,I think Swafford as a 9th grader started against Maryville in 2009 because CS was hurt.In 2012 I was also down there to watch them against Maryville again. The reason Maryville has been so successful is they have done all the little things. That's what this DB team will have to do to compete against not only them but probably two more monsters  for a championship. It's a huge jump from TH and Bearden to playing Maryville ,Oakland and whoever for the championship.There is zero room for stupid penalties or turnovers.The kicking game will have to come along as well.I was into martial arts back in the day and my best analogy is every great opponent will bring a different challenge and you can't have any part of your fight  being weak or it will be found .

Very true. Whats been consistent in all 3 games is stupid penalties

55 minutes ago, timcraw said:

I feel like we have a shot if we can beat Alcoa at the end of the season. Which is a huge task to complete

Alcoa is probably the best team in Tennessee losing to them is no shame, maryville have lost to them several times in the regular season and still won state in 6a. Imo I'm glad the playoffs doesn't start now for db because I don't believe they're there yet, the defense is top 5 in 6a the offense is a little behind, I listened to the interview after the bearden game an the offense realize their not where they should be so they are staying extra after practice to get more in align, I think the offense will eventually come along it's just they're not there yet to be in cookeville 

13 minutes ago, StarBright87 said:

Alcoa is probably the best team in Tennessee losing to them is no shame, maryville have lost to them several times in the regular season and still won state in 6a. Imo I'm glad the playoffs doesn't start now for db because I don't believe they're there yet, the defense is top 5 in 6a the offense is a little behind, I listened to the interview after the bearden game an the offense realize their not where they should be so they are staying extra after practice to get more in align, I think the offense will eventually come along it's just they're not there yet to be in cookeville 

I agree. The defense looks to be one of the best in the state. Whitson looked alot better slinging the ball around against Bearden. But ofcourse Bearden doesnt have a Red Rebel or Tornado defense. Hopefully,as you said, The Offense comes along and we capitalize on the talent and experience on this years team

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, timcraw said:

I agree. The defense looks to be one of the best in the state. Whitson looked alot better slinging the ball around against Bearden. But ofcourse Bearden doesnt have a Red Rebel or Tornado defense. Hopefully,as you said, The Offense comes along and we capitalize on the talent and experience on this years team

If the defense is really one of the best in the state,then the offense has plenty to work against every day in practice. None of that one against two stuff !

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

If the defense is really one of the best in the state,then the offense has plenty to work against every day in practice. None of that one against two stuff !

You make a good point. They looked to be very good to me. Then again my cable doesnt cover memphis games lol

7 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

Ive said since the beginning of the year, If we are gonna make a run, this needs to be the year. We have a ton of seniors. We are gonna lose alot on both sides of the ball (Including one of the best Qbs Db has seen in awhile). We dont Reload like Maryville and Alcoa so If we are gonna make some noise, it needs to be this year