How good is DB?

timcraw

6 minutes ago, timcraw said:

Ive said since the beginning of the year, If we are gonna make a run, this needs to be the year. We have a ton of seniors. We are gonna lose alot on both sides of the ball (Including one of the best Qbs Db has seen in awhile). We dont Reload like Maryville and Alcoa so If we are gonna make some noise, it needs to be this year

Sometimes it's not what you have but what everyone else has.Could be wrong on this but I always look back to I believe it was 2007 when DB didn't have their best team but nobody else was really a stand out team.Bearden beat DB on a freak two point play and went on to the semi's and should have won it all that year.It's just how you matchup on any given day .

I remember that game. It went into overtime and i just knew theres no way we are keeping Devrin Young out of the endzone from 10 yards out lol. Ive heard Maryville is down from normal this year. But i find it hard to believe they wont be in atleast the semis. When Maryville is down, How down are they? lol

After watching the DB vs Oak Ridge game, I was impressed with their defense. Very tough to run on or get the QB much time to throw against it. The offense was efficient, but not flashy, good for 21 points against good teams.  I think they run through their schedule until Alcoa, which is very good on defense also. That game will be a measuring stick on the Indians chances in the playoffs. There they could go to when they meet Maryville, which would be in Maryville if both teams win out. I think this is the year that they could make a run. 

1 hour ago, timcraw said:

I remember that game. It went into overtime and i just knew theres no way we are keeping Devrin Young out of the endzone from 10 yards out lol. Ive heard Maryville is down from normal this year. But i find it hard to believe they wont be in atleast the semis. When Maryville is down, How down are they? lol

I can't remember if that was the same year or not,I'm thinking this was a year or two before Devrin ran one back and all that stuff.The play that beat DB the year I was talking about was on a mishandled extra point and they ran around the right side where we had lost containment.Just looked and it was 2007,Bearden lost to smyrna 17-14 in the semi's and then Smyrna won the state against Independence 46-20.Anyway,the point is how you matchup  can mean everything. Now as far as Maryville goes.If they make it to the semis,that means they will beat everyone in the east.The last time Maryville didn't make it to the state semi's was before todays players were even thought about.So it is a big mountain to climb.Like Mount Everest,it's been conquered but not very often and it took a great team each time.Image result for mount everest

I have not seen DB play yet so this could change once I do, but as of now.....   I watched Alcoa absolutely destroy Blackman in the opening, in fact Blackman did not ever cross the 50 on offense.   So I will be surprised if DB scores more than 1 offensive TD against Alcoa.    Yeah, they are that good......

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

I can't remember if that was the same year or not,I'm thinking this was a year or two before Devrin ran one back and all that stuff.The play that beat DB the year I was talking about was on a mishandled extra point and they ran around the right side where we had lost containment.Just looked and it was 2007,Bearden lost to smyrna 17-14 in the semi's and then Smyrna won the state against Independence 46-20.Anyway,the point is how you matchup  can mean everything. Now as far as Maryville goes.If they make it to the semis,that means they will beat everyone in the east.The last time Maryville didn't make it to the state semi's was before todays players were even thought about.So it is a big mountain to climb.Like Mount Everest,it's been conquered but not very often and it took a great team each time.Image result for mount everest

Hopefully we can grow into that Great team you are talking about. Ofcourse this is all very wishful thinking

44 minutes ago, timcraw said:

Hopefully we can grow into that Great team you are talking about. Ofcourse this is all very wishful thinking

You must always go into everything thinking you can win but don't get cocky.Back to my martial arts analogy.One of my boys was in a tournament when he was around 10 and it let boys and girls fight each other because it was only for points .There was a girl that I kid you not was a foot taller and had all the boys by about a hundred pounds.She was kicking everyones backside in a flash because it was hard to tell if they landed a shot or not as she just ran through them all.The boys were scared to death and their pride was destroyed.I was watching and hoping she would get beat before my son ended up against her in the finals.Didn't happen and here she came. I pulled my son over and told him what I wanted him to do each time they got ready. It was simple,take a quick step back and counter kick or punch.Thank goodness it was over before someone got her to adjust to what I had him do.Maybe DB will have a few things like that this time around.

2 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

You must always go into everything thinking you can win but don't get cocky.Back to my martial arts analogy.One of my boys was in a tournament when he was around 10 and it let boys and girls fight each other because it was only for points .There was a girl that I kid you not was a foot taller and had all the boys by about a hundred pounds.She was kicking everyones backside in a flash because it was hard to tell if they landed a shot or not as she just ran through them all.The boys were scared to death and their pride was destroyed.I was watching and hoping she would get beat before my son ended up against her in the finals.Didn't happen and here she came. I pulled my son over and told him what I wanted him to do each time they got ready. It was simple,take a quick step back and counter kick or punch.Thank goodness it was over before someone got her to adjust to what I had him do.Maybe DB will have a few things like that this time around.

I love the analogy! Use your head and play smart. The rest is gonna take care of itself. Dont trade blows with alcoa and maryville. "step back and counter"

38 minutes ago, timcraw said:

I love the analogy! Use your head and play smart. The rest is gonna take care of itself. Dont trade blows with alcoa and maryville. "step back and counter"

Well,it was a good analogy for point fighting but Alcoa and Maryville will be more of an MMA fight.Your going to have take some hard hits in those games and that's when you find out if you have a glass jaw or your a big boy.

45 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

Well,it was a good analogy for point fighting but Alcoa and Maryville will be more of an MMA fight.Your going to have take some hard hits in those games and that's when you find out if you have a glass jaw or your a big boy.

I guess our role is wait and see. I hate waiting lol im ready for Cookeville