How good is DB?

timcraw

21 minutes ago, timcraw said:

I guess our role is wait and see. I hate waiting lol im ready for Cookeville

I truly hope that my wife and kids school can get it done sometime in the near future.It's an awesome feeling for your school to win it all and the good folks of Kingsport deserve to have a team that is in the mix .I know several of the coaches and think they are top notch coaches and great leaders for our young men.Roll Tribe .

6 hours ago, timcraw said:

I remember that game. It went into overtime and i just knew theres no way we are keeping Devrin Young out of the endzone from 10 yards out lol. Ive heard Maryville is down from normal this year. But i find it hard to believe they wont be in atleast the semis. When Maryville is down, How down are they? lol

They would meet Maryville in the qrts if both teams make it that far. They would have to beat them to make the semis. 

I don't think at this point this team is the best I've seen at DB. Right now I wouldn't put them in the top five. For a mostly senior team they make a lot of silly mistakes. Looks like the players are taking a lot of plays off during the game. I think more mentally than physically. They don't have that super star, or go to player that can win you a ball game when the chips are down. I'll say a Adonis Johnson type player. They have 3 running backs that are pretty darn good but I'm not seeing any breakaway speed in those three. Probably the best thing we could do to help the team is stop talking abot Alcoa and Maryville and concentrate on the next team up. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

You must always go into everything thinking you can win but don't get cocky.Back to my martial arts analogy.One of my boys was in a tournament when he was around 10 and it let boys and girls fight each other because it was only for points .There was a girl that I kid you not was a foot taller and had all the boys by about a hundred pounds.She was kicking everyones backside in a flash because it was hard to tell if they landed a shot or not as she just ran through them all.The boys were scared to death and their pride was destroyed.I was watching and hoping she would get beat before my son ended up against her in the finals.Didn't happen and here she came. I pulled my son over and told him what I wanted him to do each time they got ready. It was simple,take a quick step back and counter kick or punch.Thank goodness it was over before someone got her to adjust to what I had him do.Maybe DB will have a few things like that this time around.

Cobra Kai

11 hours ago, StarBright87 said:

Alcoa is probably the best team in Tennessee losing to them is no shame, maryville have lost to them several times in the regular season and still won state in 6a. Imo I'm glad the playoffs doesn't start now for db because I don't believe they're there yet, the defense is top 5 in 6a the offense is a little behind, I listened to the interview after the bearden game an the offense realize their not where they should be so they are staying extra after practice to get more in align, I think the offense will eventually come along it's just they're not there yet to be in cookeville 

Several? More like less than 5 fingers....

• Like 1

DB is good. Fast and swarming defense. Strong RB's. Really good QB. Been a long time since the Indians had both offense and defense that were very good on the same team. 

1 week at a time. Open date to get ready for the meat of the schedule with HV to follow. After the Hardin Valley game, DB has 4 home games left and only 2 road games in regular season. 

Probably more explosive on offense in 2012 with Swafford and Foreman, but that’s the best DB defense I’ve seen in a really long time. Limit turnovers and silly penalties (I know, asking a lot according to some of y’all) and you can make a run this year. The pass game needs polishing if you expect to get really far though. Great teams like Maryville always expose 1 dimensional type teams. Unless DB really improves in the pass game I don’t see them challenging the Maryville’s of the world, but just me, a nobody OR fan.