AP TOP 10 CLASS 1A SEPT 7, 2020

Southtowner

11 hours ago, Richmond30 said:

2 things I know for sure 

1) the Fayetteville coaches and administration are being extremely careful to make sure they are staying within the rules of the TSSAA after forfeiting 6 games last year due to a school bus not going by a 17 year olds house

2) if you had any real proof that Fayetteville was breaking rules you would be telling it to your administration so they could take it to the TSSAA

If you are aware of rules that have been broken, be man enough to say exactly what they are and who broke them instead of making vague accusations on a message board. 

Edited by BBRaider

Fayetteville is young and inexperienced this year, so they aren't likely top 5 this season, but they will do ok. Then, they will be blowing "anyone within 30 miles" out by next year and from 2 years onward will be battling it out with South Pitt on an annual basis for a while.

20 hours ago, footballover said:

Is this the weakest Single A has ever been? Its clearly South Pitt and everyone else. No clue who will represent the West but it will be a running clock championship game

South Pitt has talent, that's for sure. But there's still a lot of growing to do before any talk of championships and definitely before talk of running clocks.

46 minutes ago, Oleskooly said:

Just what it says. According to South Pitt they are the top dawg and everyone is just trying to catch them. 

We never say that.  Everyone else says WE are the measuring stick.  Sometimes that just happens to be in 1A and 2A.  This year, well, we have a long ways to go.  There is a reason we play a season of games and not just 1 and done.  

23 hours ago, footballover said:

Is this the weakest Single A has ever been? Its clearly South Pitt and everyone else. No clue who will represent the West but it will be a running clock championship game

I see you still believe in extremes, smh

I would say those pirates wouldn’t say that, just because huntingdon can’t proclaim themselves the victor IN  The west already, doesn’t mean there will be a running clock in the championship game, which may or may not include them old pirates ...., smh

7 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

We never say that.  Everyone else says WE are the measuring stick.  Sometimes that just happens to be in 1A and 2A.  This year, well, we have a long ways to go.  There is a reason we play a season of games and not just 1 and done.  

You don’t have to say it. It’s just the way some come off when trying to have a conversation. 

I have heard SP has a lot of speed and talent but feel that if Moore County can "get it all together" then that would be a championship game I would pay to see.  Moore County is quick as well.  This could be like the old Arena football games where the final score be something like 75-72.  But, like most have said, it is too early to talk about the championship game at the moment.