Hendersonville @ Beech

eers

21 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

We’re going to play the should’ve game?! Hendersonville should have had a kick return TD not taken back (based on the missed call per the replay) and a few field goals on the board too. Can’t play that game I thought? Now, the biggest question is are you a Beech fan/supporter?? If so, that explains your post and responses. It’s biased if so. 

the kick return is one thing, but you cannot play that game with the field goals. he straight up shanked them. are you gonna say they should’ve had a better kicker? because the missed field goals weren’t something anybody controlled except the kicker. you cannot say they should’ve had those field goals when the kid missed under his own power. 

you could maybe say the kick TD should’ve counted, but the field goals...come on. nothing kept those from being made. Martin just straight up missed. and it sucks, but that’s part of the game

Edited by Bump11

23 minutes ago, eers said:

I am a Beech supporter and perhaps it is a little biased, but it is undeniable that Beech beat them consistently up front (after the first possession) all night. Did Hendersonville make some mistakes, certainly. With that, Beech is 2-3 TDs better on any night. These teams are clearly not equal. That said Hendersonville will be playing for a Region Championship week 10. 

Completely disagree, other than the last sentence. 

22 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

the kick return is one thing, but you cannot play that game with the field goals. he straight up shanked them. are you gonna say they should’ve had a better kicker? because the missed field goals weren’t something anybody controlled except the kicker. you cannot say they should’ve had those field goals when the kid missed under his own power. 

you could maybe say the kick TD should’ve counted, but the field goals...come on. nothing kept those from being made. Martin just straight up missed. and it sucks, but that’s part of the game

It’s not about missing them! It’s the fact that they left a lot on the board, but more importantly moved the ball all night, obviously getting into scoring position constantly. It’s very simple...they are as good as Beech and I could see that with my own eyes. On that night, we saw the reasons why Beech won the game of course. But, to say it was dominate and they are two to three touchdowns better is nuts! It just speaks to bias and it’s understandable on here...it’s just not reality when you speak to those of us unaffiliated with those teams or that rivalry or that area. Talent wise, two very even teams. Missed field goals and a big controversial call...that made the difference on this night. Anyone know the stats by the way??

2 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

I watched the game on TV. Every play. I couldn’t disagree anymore with this post. Those two teams are dead even! Hendersonville missed three field goals, moved the ball all night long, and had a very controversial kick return TD called back and a few other questionable calls go against them too. Take this from someone not associated with either program and just watching to enjoy a great high school game in the midstate. Both are good teams, and Hendersonville will go on to have a really solid season. In no way whatsoever, though, did Beech dominate that football game. Two very even teams.

Sounds about right. Eers is still disgruntled from the Powell game lol

I just went and read the play by play from Hendersonville twitter, which is very informative and ran well BTW if you're reading this...

So looks like HHS went 0-3 on FG's, one from long distance. They had the kick return for TD that was called back. They fumbled on a kickoff return giving BHS a short field which resulted in a TD. Then in 2nd half HHS fumbled on a punt return, which Beech also capitalized on with a TD. Also threw an INT. 

Beech threw 2 ints's and had some penalties. That's what I got out of it.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

I just went and read the play by play from Hendersonville twitter, which is very informative and ran well BTW if you're reading this...

So looks like HHS went 0-3 on FG's, one from long distance. They had the kick return for TD that was called back. They fumbled on a kickoff return giving BHS a short field which resulted in a TD. Then in 2nd half HHS fumbled on a punt return, which Beech also capitalized on with a TD. Also threw an INT. 

While that play by play is accurate, it doesn’t show that Beech hit them in the teeth all night. 

32 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Well said. Again, two very even teams! Those stats prove it big time. By the way Hendersonville outgained Beech 327-304 in total offense, but had the three key turnovers and the kick return TD called back controversially. Two dead even football teams both via the stats and by the eye test. I rest my case.

Edited by sportsguy22