Monterey at Harriman

SportsnetWriter2

16 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I’ve been racking my brain for the past week trying to remember a great football player from Harriman that played at TN who was underused and underrated.  He ended up playing Pro for several years and I think coaches now somewhere.   Jermaine Copeland.   I finally remembered his name.   Does he ever come back around and talk to the kids?

That is him! Led the football team in 94 to a state runner up and 95 state title in basketball. He does come back around as his oldest two just recent graduated from Harriman. Both of his sons were part of our 2017 state championship team. He was gone for a quite a while as he was playing and then coaching in the Canadian football league. He’s here pretty local now for the most part. 

On 9/9/2020 at 11:03 AM, MontereySportsNetwork said:

Hello SportsnetWriter2. Harriman has looked good in all 3 games they've played for sure! Our Wildcats are very young this year with only 3 starting seniors and last week was the first time this year they have had any kind of physical contact with another team. I've been at several practices and of course the game last week with Red Boiling and the team as a whole is a work in progress. I'm anxious to see how they stack up against a quality opponent like the Blue Devils! I think the game will be very close 2-3 point swing in either direction, however since my blood is "purple & white" I'm going with my Cats...

MHS - 26

HHS - 24

Great to hear from you and good luck tonight! Should be a great ball game!!!