Week 5 - Oak Ridge @ West

CardinalGrey

2 hours ago, oridgecat said:

If OR doesn't get focused and improve this week at practice.  They will get mercy ruled at West.  Running Clock.

Dream on man. Based on last night, I would predict a West victory but next Thursday isn't last night and West will not put a running clock on OR. OR is more likely to beat West than West putting a running clock on OR. Go ahead and mark that down man.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, bonkers said:

Dream on man. Based on last night, I would predict a West victory but next Thursday isn't last night and West will not put a running clock on OR. OR is more likely to beat West than West putting a running clock on OR. Go ahead and mark that down man.

Got it.  Seriously we can be in the game with a chance to win IF we fix all that you mentioned on the other thread execution wise.   AND  we will have to play with more heart, toughness, and determination not to let anybody beat us.  But yeah, it's a new week.  We ain't done yet.  

On 9/11/2020 at 11:18 AM, KnoxVil said:

All I said was go get that DUB Jeff Co...... can I not pull for Jeff County to win the game? Is that against Board Policy?? Show me where I predicted a Jeff Co win..... didn’t think you would find it but carry on....

I’ll back you on that one Knox - at no time did you predict a Jeff co win.  You are always the biggest fan of whoever has West this week (King of the West trolls)  and have been for 10 plus years.   So this week I need your prediction for the OR/West game this Thursday night.  If I were you - I’d take OR 49 West 7 (maybe 10).  I would also throw out there that OR will have a running clock on West by halftime - but only if x,y,z occurs so that you have an out.  I’ll hang up and listen for your reply.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeritIII said:

I’ll back you on that one Knox - at no time did you predict a Jeff co win.  You are always the biggest fan of whoever has West this week (King of the West trolls)  and have been for 10 plus years.   So this week I need your prediction for the OR/West game this Thursday night.  If I were you - I’d take OR 49 West 7 (maybe 10).  I would also throw out there that OR will have a running clock on West by halftime - but only if x,y,z occurs so that you have an out.  I’ll hang up and listen for your reply.

If Jackson plays for OR, I am definitely taking them by 7-14. If he doesn’t play I will take OR by 6.

Oak Ridge was better than the score showed against Farragut, it really was a 10 point game.  I thought OR missed Jackson, the big running back a lot, they were unable to run the ball effectively, especially on first down, and ended up with too many 2-12 type downs. Defensive backs got lost a lot in coverage, turned around and got caught looking, rather than staying with their man.  Farragut converted too many 3rd downs, some really longs. Missing the first two extra points hurt, kept them behind.  Like Farragut's 30-7 loss to West two weeks ago, the game was closer than the score.

West features a really good defense, OR has to run the ball and protect Gibbons better than this week. On offense Mattress and Co are really effective running the ball, OR has to stop the run, I think it will be a better game, especially if Jackson returns and the running game works better for OR. Looking forward to it. 

5 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

Oak Ridge was better than the score showed against Farragut, it really was a 10 point game.  I thought OR missed Jackson, the big running back a lot, they were unable to run the ball effectively, especially on first down, and ended up with too many 2-12 type downs. Defensive backs got lost a lot in coverage, turned around and got caught looking, rather than staying with their man.  Farragut converted too many 3rd downs, some really longs. Missing the first two extra points hurt, kept them behind.  Like Farragut's 30-7 loss to West two weeks ago, the game was closer than the score.

West features a really good defense, OR has to run the ball and protect Gibbons better than this week. On offense Mattress and Co are really effective running the ball, OR has to stop the run, I think it will be a better game, especially if Jackson returns and the running game works better for OR. Looking forward to it. 

I like the optimistic mindset. I hope you’re right.