Week 5 - Oak Ridge @ West

CardinalGrey

3 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

All I can think of watching this team is Stanton Stevens because its the last time Ive seen a group underperform this bad.So much is bad but this stupid offense that bunches the defense up and gives u no chance to run the ball with this Oline.Quit trying to pull guys and let defenders go untouched into backfield.I hate that offense with a passion

What makes it so funny and strange at the same time is that before the season started Gaddis said it’s the best line he’s had since Henry Co based off of how they’d blocked in practice. Our offense must have been practicing against either Robertsville or Jefferson in practice  for him to make that claim.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

What makes it so funny and strange at the same time is that before the season started Gaddis said it’s the best line he’s had since Henry Co based off of how they’d blocked in practice. Our offense must have been practicing against either Robertsville or Jefferson in practice  for him to make that claim.

That ranks up there with when he said offense the yr after Tee would be better because we would spread it around more or something crazy

Not sure how happy I am with this win.  Defense held for a season low in yards given up and pitched a shut out.  Third game this year with less than 100 yards.  Offense was over 350 yards so really can’t complain - but OR was still one play away from taking the lead until late in the fourth.  We just tried all night to give it away.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MeritIII said:

Not sure how happy I am with this win.  Defense held for a season low in yards given up and pitched a shut out.  Third game this year with less than 100 yards.  Offense was over 350 yards so really can’t complain - but OR was still one play away from taking the lead until late in the fourth.  We just tried all night to give it away.  

I know I’ve been down on the OR offense tonight, especially the run blocking, but that is a great West defense and they deserve loads of credit. I think they may have an even better D than DB and that’s saying something. 

Edited by SweetScience
  • Thanks 1