Covington @ Westview - week 5

CHARGERFAN

16 hours ago, SHHS87 said:

I graduated from UTM in 91 and the T Room was still open but somewhere between then and now.....lol, they closed.

Nice to meet a fellow UTM alum.  I don't want to hijack the thread, but I wonder how many other UTM alums we have on Coach T.

I've read where sixty percent of restaurants don’t make it past their first year and 80 percent go out of business within five years, so I guess the T Room had a long run.  Its location, location, location,  might have had something to do with it...lol.

So Chargerfan, have you made a decision as to where you're going to eat?  .

4 hours ago, stacmot said:

Nice to meet a fellow UTM alum.  I don't want to hijack the thread, but I wonder how many other UTM alums we have on Coach T.

I've read where sixty percent of restaurants don’t make it past their first year and 80 percent go out of business within five years, so I guess the T Room had a long run.  Its location, location, location,  might have had something to do with it...lol.

Googled the menu for Blue Oak Oyster Bar and Grill and I think that's my choice. I'll let you know how it turns out.

12 hours ago, stacmot said:

I'ma UT Martin alum as well - but before you guys' time. The Tea Room was open, but spent most of my time at Hillary's and the Hour Glass! Class of 1980.

31 minutes ago, RedStateReject said:

Is the game going to streamed at all online?

Yes, Facebook and Covington Gridiron Assn. page. There will be a Live Stream with commentary by Henry Glass and Harvey Witherington. Think Howard Cosell and Dandy Don Meredith. Of course if you are under 50, you will have no idea what I'm talking about.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

3 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Yes, Facebook and Covington Gridiron Assn. page. There will be a Live Stream with commentary by Henry Glass and Harvey Witherington. Think Howard Cosell and Dandy Don Meredith. Of course if you are under 50, you will have no idea what I'm talking about.

I do know who you are talking about (lol). Thanks for the info!

On 9/14/2020 at 1:08 PM, CHARGERFAN said:

So, I managed to get tix for this game. Googled "Ten best restaurants in Martin, TN". Number 10 was Sonic. So, I'm a little worried about where to eat.  I'd appreciate a recommendation from somebody local.

If you can get in at the Grind go there its good. Try the Philly cheesesteak. Get the chocolate shake if you don't have blood sugar issues