USJ vs JCS

Kublah

JCS wins 16-14 with a last second field goal. 

Can't say it was a great game but what an emotional rollercoaster. Some questionable officiating to say the least. Hate it for the kids to have a game so influenced by officiating. 26 flags? 

JCS has a great team though. They're right up there with the other top teams in DII-A for sure. A lot of speed, solid line and that QB was eluding pressure all night and made some great throws on the run. Congrats JCS! Hoping for a rematch.

10 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Looking forward to this one. USJ is heavy in the win column in this series, but I have a feeling that this one may go to the eagles. Just a hunch. 

Finally got one right this year! 

Sounded like it was a great game. 

I will have to go back and watch to see what happened. I heard there were parents on the field going after the refs after the game???  I really hope this is not true. 

Not one to throw complete blame on refs but I watched the whole game and  it was awful. 26 flags either on USJ or around 21 of the 26 on USJ. The sideline official on the USJ sideline threw about 16 of them it seemed. USJ wanted a pass interference with 3 minutes left in the game and instead of it being 3rd and 10 on the no call, the sideline judge threw a flag for sideline warning(our 2nd and a 5 yard penalty). We get 14 yards and are then stopped on 4th and 1. Props to JCS though for converting a 4th and 20 with 57 seconds left that help set up the winning field goal. But 26 flags and almost all of them are on you? That's why the parents were mad. I would have been too if I were at the game. Let the kids play and decide the game, not the refs. Even Coach Hardegree after the game said he had not seen anything like that in his 47 years of coaching. Hoping there is a rematch in the playoffs. 

9 minutes ago, Bruin6311 said:

Not one to throw complete blame on refs but I watched the whole game and  it was awful. 26 flags either on USJ or around 21 of the 26 on USJ. The sideline official on the USJ sideline threw about 16 of them it seemed. USJ wanted a pass interference with 3 minutes left in the game and instead of it being 3rd and 10 on the no call, the sideline judge threw a flag for sideline warning(our 2nd and a 5 yard penalty). We get 14 yards and are then stopped on 4th and 1. Props to JCS though for converting a 4th and 20 with 57 seconds left that help set up the winning field goal. But 26 flags and almost all of them are on you? That's why the parents were mad. I would have been too if I were at the game. Let the kids play and decide the game, not the refs. Even Coach Hardegree after the game said he had not seen anything like that in his 47 years of coaching. Hoping there is a rematch in the playoffs. 

Is there anyway I can watch this game?

2 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Can anyone tell me what happened to USJ coach? Coach Stroup was not there? Sorry if I spelled his name wrong. 

Coach Stroup has been quarantined and absent from the sideline the last 2 Friday nights and he has been sorely missed. We will be glad to have him back in person next week. Bruins also had a key 2-way veteran lineman out, but his replacements held their own. This was a hard fought game between 2 good football teams and the Bruins seemed to have the upper hand most of the way, but JC made plays when they really needed to and that was the difference. USJ just couldn't seem to catch a break. I think I'll just leave it at that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bellsburg2 said:

Coach Stroup has been quarantined and absent from the sideline the last 2 Friday nights and he has been sorely missed. We will be glad to have him back in person next week. Bruins also had a key 2-way veteran lineman out, but his replacements held their own. This was a hard fought game between 2 good football teams and the Bruins seemed to have the upper hand most of the way, but JC made plays when they really needed to and that was the difference. USJ just couldn't seem to catch a break. I think I'll just leave it at that. 

Gotcha. Glad it was an injury free game. Good luck to both team going forward.