USJ vs JCS

Kublah

41 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Haha what happened? I watched the game on replay and I guess I missed something...

1 hour ago, BigEdMo said:

How many time outs does a team get per half. Asking for a friend. 

If I am right JCS might have gotten 4 in the second half if I watched the game correctly. Unless the officials called a timeout for themselves. I could be wrong. 

2 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Nope I watched it again and 4 were given 

Third quarter approx 4:15

JC football 1st and 10 at USJ 30

Fourth quarter

USJ timeout 10:30

JC time? Ball on USJ-12 with USJ leading14-7

USJ time unknown

JC 1:03 after sack put the ball at the USJ 48

Jackson Christian after next play 4th and 17

By my count, Jackson Christian took one time out and a third quarter and three in the fourth quarter for a total of four

53 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Ok not beating a dead horse. Curious what type of penalty should have been called for JC asking for a timeout when none are left.  In basketball it is a technical foul and loss of possession. It was 4th and 17 when JC called the fourth timeout. 

Just an educated guess BigEd, but I'd think that no timeout awarded and a delay of game penalty... never heard of a team being penalized for taking an "extra" timeout such as in basketball.

6 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Just an educated guess BigEd, but I'd think that no timeout awarded and a delay of game penalty... never heard of a team being penalized for taking an "extra" timeout such as in basketball.

For the life of me I could Not figure it out. But the delay of game sounds right and would have moved it back 5 yards. I will Say it even though they are a rival but USJ got hosed on calls all night. Now the unsportsmanlike calls are another story. But I can Understand the frustration building all night. 

2 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Ok not beating a dead horse. Curious what type of penalty should have been called for JC asking for a timeout when none are left.  In basketball it is a technical foul and loss of possession. It was 4th and 17 when JC called the fourth timeout. 

To be honest with you, I don’t think there is a penalty for calling a 4th timeout. If officials know that there are no more timeouts remaining for Jackson Christian, then they arguably should’ve told Palmer there was zero timeouts remaining. And if Palmer does yell for a Timeout, ignore him and keep playing. Probably would’ve been a D.O.G if there is a penalization. But it’s not Palmer’s and JCS’ fault that they were allowed 4 timeouts.

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

To be honest with you, I don’t think there is a penalty for calling a 4th timeout. If officials know that there are no more timeouts remaining for Jackson Christian, then they arguably should’ve told Palmer there was zero timeouts remaining. And if Palmer does yell for a Timeout, ignore him and keep playing. Probably would’ve been a D.O.G if there is a penalization. But it’s not Palmer’s and JCS’ fault that they were allowed 4 timeouts.

Sounds right. To be honest just never seen it in football.