USJ vs JCS

Kublah

15 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Well, that is different from what I heard. Of course it's not like they're going to come out and announce it in the media. Just hard to believe with a shortage of officials you would suspend an entire crew for basically the actions of one individual. But then again that one sideline official was not the one Who miscounted timeouts in the second half.

Second edit

Just saw a clip of video from a situation on a punt and an improper spot missed by five yards. Wow. Same sideline judge with the missed spot. Nevertheless, it seems like that official could have been overridden for such an obviously bad spot that at least one other official had a clear angle at.

What was the situation on a punt?

48 minutes ago, grizman90 said:

What was the situation on a punt?

USJ punted and the JC player called for a fair catch at the 11 and kind of fell back to the 9.  The line judge spotted the ball at the 15.  Not only was it a very bad spot; to my knowledge, that isn't even the line judges call.  That is the back judges call.  You can clearly see the back judge looking at the catch and never went to spot the ball.  That same back judge threw a unsportsmanlike penalty after the FG was made with no time left on the clock.  A kid takes off his helmet and slams it into the ground.  I will start by saying that the kid should not have done that.  However, it was a very emotional game and JC just won on the last play of the game.  The game is over and the official wanted another look at me moment so he runs from behind the goal post and throws a flag.   

22 hours ago, Bellsburg2 said:

Not directed at you, but at another fella in this thread battling an recurrence of his “little brother syndrome”

Hahahaha...that many USLP's just is what it is.  I know that L stings but stop lashing out when someone states the obvious.  Anyone else notice that when USJ didn't get the Dub that officials lost their gig?  Wow...just wow.  

1 hour ago, jj420 said:

Y'all got punched in the mouth and you just can't handle it. 

Man I missed on video where we got punched in the mouth.  If that is the case; that would have added another unsportsmanlike penalty against JC to the 2 that were missed for a total of 3.   :-D

Funny how you come out talking smack after this 1 win.  The season is a marathon and not a sprint.  JC got the win but hasn't accomplished anything yet.  You still have to beat NCS and DA.  It's not beyond the realms of possibility  that USJ could beat DA and  JC could lose to DA.  If that happens, a lot of tie breakers would determine the Region seedings and USJ could end up a higher seed than JC.

JC is a solid team that has very good skill guys.  I hope as a Bruin fan that we get the opportunity to play JC again.  

JC played as good on defense as they could play.  They were the beneficiary of some bad penalties against USJ, shady ball spots and a questionable fumble recovery late in the 4th quarter.  We shot ourselves in the foot early and should have scored TD's instead of settling for FG's.  With all that said; it still took a FG on the last play of the game for JC to win.  I will take my Bruins by at least 10 in a rematch during the playoffs.  

• Like 2