Clay Co vs. Gordonsville

Speeding2Live

On 9/14/2020 at 10:37 PM, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Good to know.  This game should decide 1 and 2 for region 4

You're right. Like I said before, I don't think Monterey has much for either this year; they'll be 3rd with Jo Byrns 4th.

I feel like Gville will win by a couple scores, but Clay plays awfully hard and puts out supreme effort. That could make up for having a little less talent.

12 minutes ago, The1AOverseer said:

I actually think that Gordy is better than everyone thinks this year and they win by 3 or 4 scores but if it is a close game I believe that region doesn't make it out of the second round but then again it doesn't matter who wins in the grand scheme of things because we all know who will be sailing to state this year.

Gordy would meet SP in the third round.  

21 minutes ago, Littleman83 said:

How is Gordsonville line play? Celina has a lot of speed if they get out in the open

IMO the line is their biggest asset. Have a really good QB and an above average running back. They also run a lot of wildcat with I believe a wide receiver who is also the backup QB. ( could be wrong about that )

They also run out of the spread most of the time. If they can limit turnovers they are a very good team up and down.

I've watched all of Clay's games on film. I feel like we're a couple scores better than them.

I coached against these kids in jr. pro and am completely aware of how good they are. 

I feel like they have a few holes that we can take advantage of.

They pulled away last year in a close game in which we were hampered by injuries. We technically didn't have a QB in that game. I think we're pretty motivated this year.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• The only thing that was said at half time of the 45-0 game was Coach Story, he said: "I know y'all have been out there a lot, but kick-off team, y'all need to get down there faster!" Then he and the other coaches proceeded to go into the coaches office and we all went nuts!  It was the only time I can ever remember coaches not saying anything at half time. Definitely a great memory!!!
    • Boyd could actually be a grade below what he is now, but his parents didn't see the need to "redshirt" him like the other city school down the road would have pushed for....
    • too busy with flag football
    • Who invited the First Family of Hartsville? 
    • When Danny was a senior he was the quarterback on the 82 team and also the placeholder on extra points. At the end of the game Heritage scored a touchdown with very little time left and went ahead 9-0. On the following extra point Danny rose up and threw a perfect pass to one of his receivers which made it 11-0 and Heritage's first win against Maryville since the series started in 77. Maryville fans were highly ticked off because they felt like it was rubbing salt in the wound. The following year when both teams met again at Maryville  the Rebels ran away with the game and after the first couple of touchdowns they went for two points after each score for a pay back and the score was 45-0 at halftime. The following Monday Bob Gilbert the sports eiditor for the local paper bashed Maryville in an article called the Humilation of Teenagers and tore into Maryville even though he was a graduate of the school. Those were the good ole days when Heritage had decent teams and the rivalry between them and Maryville was a fun event to see.