Haywood vs Dyersburg

Kruger77

On 9/12/2020 at 12:16 PM, CHARGERFAN said:

Because of long-standing antipathy between Covington and Dyersburg, I'm pullin 100% for the Tomcats here. Wear your earplugs, because some of their more prominent alumni are members of the He11's Angels and between rumbles with rival gangs, they come and ride their loud bikes around the field in one of the strangest pregame ceremonies you will ever witness.

I hate when they do that should be a good game

According to the Sonny Moore power ratings and the Massey ratings, Haywood is a 3 point to two touchdown favorite.  
The kicking game could be a deciding factor.  Haywood has an excellent kicker, but in Haywood's first 3 games long snapping has been a problem.
Go Tomcats!

Fun Facts:  

According to http://www.ahsfhs.org/tennessee/Teams/teampage.asp?Team=Dyersburg, Haywood is Dyersburg's longest running rivalry.  Dyersburg and Haywood have played 89 times.  Dyersburg has won 33.  Haywood has won 56. (Ripley is Haywood's longest running rivalry.)

Last year, the Tomcats defeated the Trojans 28-21 in a hard fought contest in Brownsville.

In 2018, Dyersburg defeated Haywood 48-14 during the regular season.  Haywood avenged that loss with a 47-14 victory in the state quarterfinals.

Dyersburg's head coach, Bart Stowe, was the head coach at Haywood from 2001-2008. Dyersburg assistant, Matthew Shearon, also served as an assistant at Haywood for a period of time.  

Here's rural West Tennessee's top ten according to the latest Sonny Moore power ratings.  I don't necessarily agree with the order, and I hope I didn't make any mistakes. I'm sure y'all will let me know if I did!

1.  Hardin Co.    143.07
2.  Covington     139.62
3.  Peabody        136.55
4.  USJ                  135.32
5.  Haywood       135.21
6.  JCS                  132.07
7.  Milan              130.93    
8.  Lexington      130.19
9.  Henry Co.      129.86
10.  Dyersburg   129.15

2 hours ago, stacmot said:

According to the Sonny Moore power ratings and the Massey ratings, Haywood is a 3 point to two touchdown favorite.  
The kicking game could be a deciding factor.  Haywood has an excellent kicker, but in Haywood's first 3 games long snapping has been a problem.
Go Tomcats!

Fun Facts:  

According to http://www.ahsfhs.org/tennessee/Teams/teampage.asp?Team=Dyersburg, Haywood is Dyersburg's longest running rivalry.  Dyersburg and Haywood have played 89 times.  Dyersburg has won 33.  Haywood has won 56. (Ripley is Haywood's longest running rivalry.)

Last year, the Tomcats defeated the Trojans 28-21 in a hard fought contest in Brownsville.

In 2018, Dyersburg defeated Haywood 48-14 during the regular season.  Haywood avenged that loss with a 47-14 victory in the state quarterfinals.

Dyersburg's head coach, Bart Stowe, was the head coach at Haywood from 2001-2008. Dyersburg assistant, Matthew Shearon, also served as an assistant at Haywood for a period of time.  

Here's rural West Tennessee's top ten according to the latest Sonny Moore power ratings.  I don't necessarily agree with the order, and I hope I didn't make any mistakes. I'm sure y'all will let me know if I did!

1.  Hardin Co.    143.07
2.  Covington     139.62
5.  Haywood       135.21
10.  Dyersburg   129.15

That’s some good info there sir! Y’all have played almost as long as Springfield and Clarksville have. 

3 hours ago, stacmot said:

Go Tomcats!

Fun Facts:  

1.  Hardin Co.    143.07
2.  Covington     139.62
5.  Haywood       135.21
10.  Dyersburg   129.15

I like the way you used those power rankings to go across all classifications and rank the top ten. Neat idea.

2 hours ago, JacketLover said:

That’s some good info there sir! Y’all have played almost as long as Springfield and Clarksville have. 

Thanks and wow!  97 games between the Yellow Jackets and Wildcats with Springfield leading the series 56-37-4.

Haywood's longest running series is with Ripley.  We are scheduled to meet Ripley for the 95th time this year.  Haywood leads that series 60-30-4.

Springfield and Haywood have started to develop a bit of a rivalry.  As we all know, Springfield leads that series 2-1.

Of course all of that is in the past, but I still like a little bit of tradition mixed in with my football.

As for the present, Haywood has to clean up a few things in order to win this Friday.  It's going to be tough, but I hope we can do that.

1 hour ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I like the way you used those power rankings to go across all classifications and rank the top ten. Neat idea.

Thanks.  I had some idea as to how it would turn out, but I have to admit I was still surprised by the order.  I believe Westview would be 11th if I went that far, so we've got 2 pretty good games on tap for this Friday.  Haywood at Dyersburg and Covington at Westview.  Good luck Tomcats, and good luck to the CHS Chargers.

2 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

I'll talk to Haywood Head Coach Chris Smith about his one at 7:15 on Thursday night.   If you are a subscriber to our channel (it's free), You can click the link below and set the reminder so you don't miss the interview:

Friday Main Event Week Five Stream

I've never watched or listened to Friday Main Event, but I'm interested in hearing your interview with Coach Smith.

14 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Thanks and wow!  97 games between the Yellow Jackets and Wildcats with Springfield leading the series 56-37-4.

Haywood's longest running series is with Ripley.  We are scheduled to meet Ripley for the 95th time this year.  Haywood leads that series 60-30-4.

Springfield and Haywood have started to develop a bit of a rivalry.  As we all know, Springfield leads that series 2-1.

Of course all of that is in the past, but I still like a little bit of tradition mixed in with my football.

As for the present, Haywood has to clean up a few things in order to win this Friday.  It's going to be tough, but I hope we can do that.

I see we’ve been looking at the same website. The Haywood-Dyersburg game should give us an idea of where these two teams stand. Should be a great game. 

21 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Respect for The Tomcats from the Yellow Jacket faithful.  Those have been 3 well played games.  I say we play a 4th one this year.  What say ye, Tomcats faithful? 

2 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

Respect for The Tomcats from the Yellow Jacket faithful.  Those have been 3 well played games.  I say we play a 4th one this year.  What say ye, Tomcats faithful? 

I'm all for it, but we've got a lot or work ahead of us before that can happen.  Dyersburg is tough.  Good luck to the Yellow Jackets this  week.

• Upvote 1