Haywood vs Dyersburg

Kruger77

7 hours ago, stacmot said:

Crockett, Ripley, and Obion Central are going to be tough regions games for Haywood too. 

Obion is horrible this year. Not sure about Ripley. Crockett list last week to a very avg South Gibson team. That tells me Crockett is down. This game is for the region championship. Good luck to both teams. 

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Obion is horrible this year. Not sure about Ripley. Crockett list last week to a very avg South Gibson team. That tells me Crockett is down. This game is for the region championship. Good luck to both teams. 

I agree that the winner of this game will be in a good position to win the region championship, but we'll have to see how it all plays out in the year of Covid-19. One case of Covid could greatly affect how a team places in the region standings, and no one has a guarantee that that won't happen. 

Anything can happen on any given night, so I'm not going to disrespect any of the remaining competition. I certainly don't want to provide bulletin board material to any team no matter how strong or weak anyone may think they are.

Good luck to both Milan and Bolivar this week.

Edited by stacmot
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, stacmot said:

Thanks and wow!  97 games between the Yellow Jackets and Wildcats with Springfield leading the series 56-37-4.

Haywood's longest running series is with Ripley.  We are scheduled to meet Ripley for the 95th time this year.  Haywood leads that series 60-30-4.

Springfield and Haywood have started to develop a bit of a rivalry.  As we all know, Springfield leads that series 2-1.

Of course all of that is in the past, but I still like a little bit of tradition mixed in with my football.

As for the present, Haywood has to clean up a few things in order to win this Friday.  It's going to be tough, but I hope we can do that.

All of our shows are available for playback if you'd like to get a vibe for what we do or just love high school football discussion.   We interview 4 random (usually very successful) Coaches across the State each week.   You can visit our channel to see previous shows:

Friday Main Event YouTube Channel

On 9/12/2020 at 12:16 PM, CHARGERFAN said:

Because of long-standing antipathy between Covington and Dyersburg, I'm pullin 100% for the Tomcats here. Wear your earplugs, because some of their more prominent alumni are members of the He11's Angels and between rumbles with rival gangs, they come and ride their loud bikes around the field in one of the strangest pregame ceremonies you will ever witness.

I don’t know about Covington numbers but Dyersburg will be moving down for sure in reclassification. Maybe you’ll get to hear the thunder in the near future.