Mcewen at Huntington

Orangecountry

1 minute ago, Croppygenius said:

McEwen may very well beat us. Got a lot of respect for them. Hit us harder last than year than anybody but Lake Co. Better get us this year cause the next 4 or 5 years we gonna be a handful.

Sounds like you guys may be up in 2A possibly. Would affect some games I would assume.

3 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

Sounds like you guys may be up in 2A possibly. Would affect some games I would assume.

I hate moving up to 2a, but we've played in 2a most of our history, when we didnt have to. With the possibility of Peabody and McKenzie going down 1a is going to be pretty tough in West Tennessee  next season as both should be top 5 programs. McKenzie is young and fast. They could win it all next year!

1 hour ago, Trollin said:

Waverly is definitely not slow. You beat Waverly bc our players didn’t show up. Safeties had force/contain in that defense they were running and they simply didn’t come down hill and get off the blocks and force the runner inside. Both safeties are first year players at that position. Offensively we just dropped balls that we should have caught and the center, who is young, let your DL up the middle all game. Bottom line, y’all won, we lost, but let’s face it, y’all are down and we didn’t show up. We did however learn and get better for the next week. I hope McEwen beats the brakes off y’all. Then McEwen can come to Waverly and redeem ourselves from last year vs them and losing to a mediocre Huntingdon team. 

If Waverly don’t win this year it might be tough the next few. . We don’t have many seniors and our Jr High and all three age groups in Jr Pro is killing it. 

Edited by Orangecountry

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

I hate moving up to 2a, but we've played in 2a most of our history, when we didnt have to. With the possibility of Peabody and McKenzie going down 1a is going to be pretty tough in West Tennessee  next season as both should be top 5 programs. McKenzie is young and fast. They could win it all next year!

We will stay 2a been 1 a size for years,can't afford the crap gates most 1 a West tn programs bring,before the hurting of the anus begins ,I said "most" programs.... 

Edited by PeabodyPride

1 hour ago, Orangecountry said:

If Waverly don’t win this year it might be tough the next few. . We don’t have many seniors and our Jr High and all three age groups in Jr Pro is killing it. 

Huntingdon Middle has lost 1 game to Union City in 2 overtimes. Trounced Milan 38-6 Tuesday night. Our freshman and 8th grade classes are both outstanding

People can say what they want about Huntingdon. There is still alot of talent.Until some teams that play them step up and beat them. There is not much to say. When was the last time Waverly beat Huntingdon? As for this game Huntingdon still cream of the crop in region 6A. I don't know when the last time Huntingdon was beat in a region game but it will not be this game if it happens.

2 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

People can say what they want about Huntingdon. There is still alot of talent.Until some teams that play them step up and beat them. There is not much to say. When was the last time Waverly beat Huntingdon? As for this game Huntingdon still cream of the crop in region 6A. I don't know when the last time Huntingdon was beat in a region game but it will not be this game if it happens.

Your prob right shoot Mcewen is one of the smallest 1A schools in the state.  No way they could field anything to compete with bigger schools. 

Just now, Orangecountry said:

Your prob right shoot Mcewen is one of the smallest 1A schools in the state.  No way they could field anything to compete with bigger schools. 

Not disrespecting Mcewen at all. Mcewen it is tall order for any small single a school to beat them. Don't get me wrong it can be done. I just don't think Mcewen has played enough to beat them early in the year. Covid is bad for all and the lack of practice probably hasn't done McEwen any favors.

10 minutes ago, Orangecountry said:

Have y’all played Bruceton or Camden in Middle School

11 minutes ago, Orangecountry said:

Have y’all played Bruceton or Camden in Middle School

Bruceton refused to play us. Beat Camden 8-0. Played about 2 minutes when a storm hit. Lions called the game pretty quickly. They could tell they didnt want none of us.