Whitwell @ Copper Basin

TheCommander

55 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I edited the post left out an important part.Your post is correct for the point you made.I was talking about our side.The West have had some GREAT teams but 1 and done for the most part.Teams who make multiple showings are few and far between.

I know y'all are talking about the east but the west have very good programs just like So. Pittsburg. Huntingdon and Lake County have been very good year in and year out. They are the most stable 1A programs in the West. When it is all said and done one of those teams will represent the west imho. They are both very young and will be very good for the next few years. Just wondering when is the last time So. Pittsburg has played in a title game? Teams that make multiple showings if I am not mistaken in the current 1A are So. Pittsburg with 11 appearances, Lake County with 6, Greenback with 5 and Gordonsville with 3. So Pitt has won 5, Lake County 3 and Greenback and Gordonsville with 2. Huntingdon has won one in 2A and was runner up in 2A and 1A. Not sure what is being implied with multiple showings? 

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I know y'all are talking about the east but the west have very good programs just like So. Pittsburg. Huntingdon and Lake County have been very good year in and year out. They are the most stable 1A programs in the West. When it is all said and done one of those teams will represent the west imho. They are both very young and will be very good for the next few years. Just wondering when is the last time So. Pittsburg has played in a title game? Teams that make multiple showings if I am not mistaken in the current 1A are So. Pittsburg with 11 appearances, Lake County with 6, Greenback with 5 and Gordonsville with 3. So Pitt has won 5, Lake County 3 and Greenback and Gordonsville with 2. Huntingdon has won one in 2A and was runner up in 2A and 1A. Not sure what is being implied with multiple showings? 

For SP last title game was 2013 or 14 I believe. Then Greenbacks run started.

Edited by powerp

9 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

2013, in 2014 we went for 2 against Gordonsville in the quarterfinal and came up inches short.  I believe that’s the year Gordy lost to Nashville Christian when they had Daniel Bituli.  

I watched Bituli in the semifinal game against Peabody. That NCS team looked like a small college!

23 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

2013, in 2014 we went for 2 against Gordonsville in the quarterfinal and came up inches short.  I believe that’s the year Gordy lost to Nashville Christian when they had Daniel Bituli.  

2012 is when we went for 2 on Gordy and Gordy went on to win the Gold Ball.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I was talking about teams who make multiple title games appearances back to back or within like a 10 year span are few and far between.wasnt talking about the life of a program,and I was talking about our side of the state.Just curious tho how many have made back to back appearances?Union city,LakeCounty back in the day,Trousdale when they were 1A,,South Pitt,Greenback who else?

45 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I was talking about teams who make multiple title games appearances back to back or within like a 10 year span are few and far between.wasnt talking about the life of a program,and I was talking about our side of the state.Just curious tho how many have made back to back appearances?Union city,LakeCounty back in the day,Trousdale when they were 1A,,South Pitt,Greenback who else?

I gotcha. You very correct not many back to back at all. Very hard to do. I understand what you are saying now. I thought you were saying only SoPitt and Greenback are the dominant programs. I misunderstood. 

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I gotcha. You very correct not many back to back at all. Very hard to do. I understand what you are saying now. I thought you were saying only SoPitt and Greenback are the dominant programs. I misunderstood. 

Not at all.West teams have had some GREAT teams.LC last year.But NCS was the best I have ever saw,Dresden Dang good and Union City could rival NCS.My point to Powerp earlier in a nut shell is when 1A teams are Championship level for the most part the other teams that are ave or even good cant make much of a game because of the level of play of that team.Some may think Basin will challenge SP but history tells us when a team is a clear cut front runner they are not even challenged till the semis and sometimes not even then.Thats why I say SP is so far above anyone on our side they wont breathe hard till Cookeville and may not even then.

Edited by orngnblk