TC at Westmoreland

Cam615

5 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

You are correct. 2000 was the last win in the series for the Eagles. Since the 2 were placed back in the same region in 2015 the Jackets have increase the spread each year. 2015 13-7 (+6), 2016 21-0 (+21), 2017 42-6 (+36), 2018 37-0 (+37), 2019 44-6 (+38). Will the trend continue....?

Did you know.....

Westmoreland's first ever contest in football was played on the Creekbank against the Jackets and oh a sight to see it was, though the old timers from Westmoreland would rather not discuss it. In 1931, the Eagles up start team kicked off the year in Hartsville. The Jackets dominated in historic fashion as Jr. Phil Dickens lead the charge. That night he scored 13......yes you read that right....13 TDs and 15 PATs. A total of 93 points. The Jackets won the game 126-0 and the legend of Phantom Phil was born. He went on to be an All-American in Knoxville and then enter the coaching ranks. He ended his career leading the Indiana Hoosiers. John Oliver has written a couple of great articles about Phil for the Hartsville Vidette the last couple of weeks. You should check them out....

I dislike TC, but have to admire your knowledge of the program!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, H2Oman said:

I dislike TC, but have to admire your knowledge of the program!

I'm attempting to capture data from every game ever played (Opponent/score), Of 112 completed seasons, I have collected 57 years worth. It became a quest of mine a few years back. With a tradition as rich as the one the Jackets have, sadly nothing can be found easily. There are so many stories of legendary players/teams/coaches that i feel need to be heard (that goes for each of our schools honestly). Just capturing scores and records is a small part of that. Maybe one day I'll see the whole story. 

It's a huge time commitment to research the information and something i seem to have less and less of as the little ones get older. I guess when i'm old and grey and no longer have to have a 9-5 I can dedicate the necessary time. 

6 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

I'm attempting to capture data from every game ever played (Opponent/score), Of 112 completed seasons, I have collected 57 years worth. It became a quest of mine a few years back. With a tradition as rich as the one the Jackets have, sadly nothing can be found easily. There are so many stories of legendary players/teams/coaches that i feel need to be heard (that goes for each of our schools honestly). Just capturing scores and records is a small part of that. Maybe one day I'll see the whole story. 

It's a huge time commitment to research the information and something i seem to have less and less of as the little ones get older. I guess when i'm old and grey and no longer have to have a 9-5 I can dedicate the necessary time. 

Well it’s to be admired either way. There is one thing nobody can say about TC and that’s they are not dedicated / knowledgeable football fans!

PS: I have two young ones... one that plays on a traveling ball team ( baseball ) and one who does competitive cheer... I understand the time restraints very well!!

Edited by H2Oman

5 hours ago, BCB~MVP said:

You are correct. 2000 was the last win in the series for the Eagles. Since the 2 were placed back in the same region in 2015 the Jackets have increase the spread each year. 2015 13-7 (+6), 2016 21-0 (+21), 2017 42-6 (+36), 2018 37-0 (+37), 2019 44-6 (+38). Will the trend continue....?

Did you know.....

Westmoreland's first ever contest in football was played on the Creekbank against the Jackets and oh a sight to see it was, though the old timers from Westmoreland would rather not discuss it. In 1931, the Eagles up start team kicked off the year in Hartsville. The Jackets dominated in historic fashion as Jr. Phil Dickens lead the charge. That night he scored 13......yes you read that right....13 TDs and 15 PATs. A total of 93 points. The Jackets won the game 126-0 and the legend of Phantom Phil was born. He went on to be an All-American in Knoxville and then enter the coaching ranks. He ended his career leading the Indiana Hoosiers. John Oliver has written a couple of great articles about Phil for the Hartsville Vidette the last couple of weeks. You should check them out....

That is correct.  Here is an article about Westmoreland’s first season in 1931.  Very interesting read to say the least....

https://sites.rootsweb.com/~tnsumner/comfoot.htm

I have to give TC coaching staff some credit. I like the new formation run out if the gun with 5 at QB and Hicks at WR/RB. It gives Hicks more room to operate in space and that's always dangerous for the opposing team and keeps the other team from putting 10 inside the box. I hope to see that formation more mix in with the wing t. Also, I think Ford added a spark to the offense with his combination of speed and power and his skill at the WR position. This will only get better when Harper returns the offense and the defense will be better and the defense is already good but they will get their pass rusher back which will make the secondary better also and plus #24 is a physical CB hope his shoulder is okay and hopes he will be back in the field this week. 

43 minutes ago, RTD said:

I have to give TC coaching staff some credit. I like the new formation run out if the gun with 5 at QB and Hicks at WR/RB. It gives Hicks more room to operate in space and that's always dangerous for the opposing team and keeps the other team from putting 10 inside the box. I hope to see that formation more mix in with the wing t. Also, I think Ford added a spark to the offense with his combination of speed and power and his skill at the WR position. This will only get better when Harper returns the offense and the defense will be better and the defense is already good but they will get their pass rusher back which will make the secondary better also and plus #24 is a physical CB hope his shoulder is okay and hopes he will be back in the field this week. 

I hope Harper will return 

Check out this week's episode. In this episode: 

-BCB~MVPs By The Numbers

-Easton Stacy sits down with Sr. FB/LB #5 Cameron Rankins

-John talks with Westmoreland play-by-play commentator Nicky Booker

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/burma-road/id1477664025*episodeGuid=43bc3869-ef9b-4259-9dfd-8fad77dd71ae__;Iw!!Bbg-OcCDlOs!WEGavkAmGZ3C0tfy7LKQHEKgV8Hg4_1m7kFWkgW7pSvPsGbqsYEMOVw5m9yAJcqTp2w$