Week 5 Beech vs Tullahoma

Director

Should be interesting. Beech will run, run, run. Tullahoma will throw it around. The fact that Beech went to Powell week one will be a huge benefit in this one. I can’t imagine Tullahoma will throw it any better than Powell. 

I will wait until I have seen a little more film before I make a prediction, but I like Beech’s chances. 

• Like 1

Very good game. Beech has the experience and that should make the difference. Tullahoma has not been in a really big time game in a while with this type of opponent, especially one that can easily match its athletes up front. I think the potential 10-0 season for the Wildcats will end here. Although it can really help them later in the playoffs when they’ll have to beat an improving Marshall County team and Nolensville to advance really deep. I’ll go Beech 27, Tullahoma 20.

• Like 1

I am looking forward to this game. It should be a good one. Like others, I need to see film to make an educated guess, but Tullahoma will run the football more than they will pass it. Both teams have similar stats. Around 100 yds/g passing and 240 yds/g rushing. Tullahoma has a tendency to start games sluggish and then put teams away in the 2nd half outscoring its opponents 93-13. They will need to clean that up in order to win this ballgame. 

54 minutes ago, eers said:

Should be interesting. Beech will run, run, run. Tullahoma will throw it around. The fact that Beech went to Powell week one will be a huge benefit in this one. I can’t imagine Tullahoma will throw it any better than Powell. 

I will wait until I have seen a little more film before I make a prediction, but I like Beech’s chances. 

That is a good point, in the game against Marshall Co I thought the read option with their QB/RB was really good as they both are very good athletes. I wouldnt be surprised at either team winning tbh, this could be the game of the week imo...

18 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Haven't seen Beech but Tullahoma is legit especially in the trenches.   I will go Tullahoma 31-17

I don’t think there’s any way they hold Beech to 17 or that they score 31. Don’t hear what I’m not saying, I believe Tullahoma is a good football team, but I think Beech has already played three better teams. 

Riddle me this by the way...just curious? Beech and Tullahoma both had Homecoming scheduled for Friday night and had their opponent cancel. Beech already has five home games on the schedule, despite the cancellation. Tullahoma, with that cancellation, now only has four home games. It seems only fair to play that game at Tullahoma. Is it just me? Why does Beech get 6 home games now and Tullahoma only four?! By the way, I brought this situation up on Beech’s behalf for the Powell game because of the same lopsided schedule result (at the time obviously...things later changed drastically!) All that said, I obviously realize this crazy, crazy year and it’s certainly not the end of the world with any of this. Just very curious how this process works and why it ended up this way?? Just wonder why Beech didn’t agree to travel to Tullahoma?

12 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Riddle me this by the way...just curious? Beech and Tullahoma both had Homecoming scheduled for Friday night and had their opponent cancel. Beech already has five home games on the schedule, despite the cancellation. Tullahoma, with that cancellation, now only has four home games. It seems only fair to play that game at Tullahoma. Is it just me? Why does Beech get 6 home games now and Tullahoma only four?! By the way, I brought this situation up on Beech’s behalf for the Powell game because of the same lopsided schedule result (at the time obviously...things later changed drastically!) All that said, I obviously realize this crazy, crazy year and it’s certainly not the end of the world with any of this. Just very curious how this process works and why it ended up this way?? Just wonder why Beech didn’t agree to travel to Tullahoma?

Same thing happened at Gallatin too.  They now have 6 home games.  Sometimes it just happens that way.  

20 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Haven't seen Beech but Tullahoma is legit especially in the trenches.   I will go Tullahoma 31-17

Not a beech fan but seen them play this year. They are big. Have a huge roster. I think beech has the numbers to be 6a. They have a running back who's not very big but hes crazy fast. There safety's didn't let us catch much. Good luck but I think beech will surprise you. They have a team that could easily be headed to cookville this year.

6 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Same thing happened at Gallatin too.  They now have 6 home games.  Sometimes it just happens that way.  

Understand what you are saying. It’s not really a fully legit answer in this very specific situation though. Since, Beech already had 5 home games, they should have agreed to go to Tullahoma for this one to let them have their 5 home games too. In other words, common decency and fairness should have won out. I think it’s a direct reflection of our Selfish society today unfortunately when you get right down to it.