Greenback @ Oliver Springs

orngnblk

6 minutes ago, pujo said:

Used to love to squirrel hunt, mostly got boomers around here these days.

I used to hunt them a bunch. Nowadays it’s hard to find someone who wants them and I don’t eat that many anymore, wife don’t like them. I won’t go hunt it without somewhere for it to be used. I can’t tolerate intentional waste like that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Pretty sure you dropped some on Masseys pole. Just a smidge, but it did happen. So I wonder if the poll actually thinks you beat Marion by a point etc. Realistically it did happen that way,  but had they not counted it the way it was scored you wouldn't have dropped any.

Not sure at all.

Looking thru some notes of mine it seems we started out at 138 in the State.  After a couple games got to 105.  Now after the LV win & the forfeit by Jasper we are at 92.  I didn't jot down our position after the LV game. Got lazy I guess. 

9 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

I'd like to see that Moore team play.

I preach that alot about Massey and Sonny's poll this time if year. Week 5 or 6 its normally taken a decent shape. With Coronavirus though I'm not sure how accurate it will be. Do you know how this Covid win affected your team for example in Massey and Sonnys poll?

Go to the Cornersville high school Facebook page and you should be able to find the game against Moore county. Definitely impressive. Not sure if they represent the west as others are saying. Haven't seen anyone else other than Cornersville and their opponents. May try to catch someone else this week since our game with MT Pleasant is postponed.

Finally watched Oneida game.Greenback has to have composure in that type game.First 2 quarters were hard to watch.When a young team works hard against another good team to get in scoring position and silly mistakes take you to midfield in back to back possessions while the D has done their job it's hard to get that intensity back.#55 don't know the kid but coaches need to sit him a game or two and see if he can be a team player.Bowing to the opposing fans,hands in opposing teams Coaches face and dancing with the other team Cheerleaders is RIDICULOUS.Just play the game.This kid will help lose a big region game he is a loose cannon.Sorry Greenback fans I still pull for you all good luck.Just didnt look like a disciplined team.

13 hours ago, Jobres76 said:

Go to the Cornersville high school Facebook page and you should be able to find the game against Moore county. Definitely impressive. Not sure if they represent the west as others are saying. Haven't seen anyone else other than Cornersville and their opponents. May try to catch someone else this week since our game with MT Pleasant is postponed.

I'll check that out as I get a chance. Thanks.

8 hours ago, Jim1972 said:

Finally watched Oneida game.Greenback has to have composure in that type game.First 2 quarters were hard to watch.When a young team works hard against another good team to get in scoring position and silly mistakes take you to midfield in back to back possessions while the D has done their job it's hard to get that intensity back.#55 don't know the kid but coaches need to sit him a game or two and see if he can be a team player.Bowing to the opposing fans,hands in opposing teams Coaches face and dancing with the other team Cheerleaders is RIDICULOUS.Just play the game.This kid will help lose a big region game he is a loose cannon.Sorry Greenback fans I still pull for you all good luck.Just didnt look like a disciplined team.

100% agree, as will @orngnblk and @crow. I understand some banter here and there between players if it’s all in fun. But showing your hind end on the field and costing your team when you’re not doing the job yourself is when a leader needs to step up and put them in their place. If not, I’m sure the coaches will or have dealt with it. I’ve only been able to watch 2 games and I’ve seen it all game on both occasions. That’s not Greenback football. Regardless of what others may think, before and during my career of playing for GB, you had respect for the game.... respect for the other team... and respect for your teammates to do the right thing and do your job. Winning or losing it doesn’t matter. People didn’t come to see one player put on a show, it was a team game and that’s the way we played. That’s the way GB football is played. I’m sure it will get fixed! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

100% agree, as will @orngnblk and @crow. I understand some banter here and there between players if it’s all in fun. But showing your hind end on the field and costing your team when you’re not doing the job yourself is when a leader needs to step up and put them in their place. If not, I’m sure the coaches will or have dealt with it. I’ve only been able to watch 2 games and I’ve seen it all game on both occasions. That’s not Greenback football. Regardless of what others may think, before and during my career of playing for GB, you had respect for the game.... respect for the other team... and respect for your teammates to do the right thing and do your job. Winning or losing it doesn’t matter. People didn’t come to see one player put on a show, it was a team game and that’s the way we played. That’s the way GB football is played. I’m sure it will get fixed! 

AMEN!Team!I am looking for a breakout game Fri--Its time!!!A little tweeking to the O should make us a little more efficient.

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2020 at 9:57 AM, Jim1972 said:

That was my number at cland lol.  My spirit must be coming through his jersey lol.  All jokes aside,  Mike Lunsford would have benched this kid the very first episode.  I remember one of my teammates asking a sunbright cheerleader for a blow job.  Long story short,  our lives were hail the rest of the season 

Edited by THE KING