York at Smith County

bobcatfan300

Any input on this game? York has injuries. I don't know for sure if the QB is out but I heard at the end of their Grace game that he may have a broken collar bone, but they weren't sure. The best game I ever saw was there years ago in a playoff, where York led most of the game but Smith Co. went ahead late. With less than two minutes to go, York was on the 8, Brian Reynolds completed a pass to Tyrell Asberry who raced down the sideline to score. They went for two and completed a pass. They then held off Smith County in the last minute for the win. The atmosphere is terrific at Smith County.

• Like 1

Its a good road trip for a few guys and a DD.The 'Hole' is a great atmosphere.Not so great this year with covid and a goose egg.Dont look for a big crowd but being homecoming it may help.Owls only have like 5 seniors.# 35 is a beast and the best player without a doubt.Both teams are rebuilding so it should be a good contest.Have a safe trip...Oh behind the visitors bleachers on the hill will be some good ole boys having fun.They are harmless.If you get thirsty stop by.They are real accomodating.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bobcatfan300 said:

Any input on this game? York has injuries. I don't know for sure if the QB is out but I heard at the end of their Grace game that he may have a broken collar bone, but they weren't sure. The best game I ever saw was there years ago in a playoff, where York led most of the game but Smith Co. went ahead late. With less than two minutes to go, York was on the 8, Brian Reynolds completed a pass to Tyrell Asberry who raced down the sideline to score. They went for two and completed a pass. They then held off Smith County in the last minute for the win. The atmosphere is terrific at Smith County.

I think it was actually Anthony Williams that scored the TD and 2 point conversion. But you're right one of the greatest games I have ever witnessed. I'm pretty sure York had two forward passes or at least an ineligible receiver downfield on that two point conversion. There were several years in a row that this gamed decided who was 1st and who was 2nd in the district. Despite the records I hope this one lives up to the historical atmosphere. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UCPrepShowcase said:

Could be the deciding game on who makes the playoffs. York Sequatchie and Smith will all be vying for 1 spot this year. Hope York comes to play and finally starts to get serious about playing football. Dumb penalties and trying to fight instead of play has been costly for the Dragons so far!

York has to correct the lack of blocking. Starting QB / Safety out for the season. Gonna be uphill for York I'm afraid. 

On 9/15/2020 at 7:22 PM, jls said:

Its a good road trip for a few guys and a DD.The 'Hole' is a great atmosphere.Not so great this year with covid and a goose egg.Dont look for a big crowd but being homecoming it may help.Owls only have like 5 seniors.# 35 is a beast and the best player without a doubt.Both teams are rebuilding so it should be a good contest.Have a safe trip...Oh behind the visitors bleachers on the hill will be some good ole boys having fun.They are harmless.If you get thirsty stop by.They are real accomodating.

My son plays for Smith. I think it will be a good game. We are Young.It is true I have been behind the bleachers many, many times and you will be treated well .

Good game. Smith Co to me looked the the better team in the first half and York had the momentum in the second half. 0-0 going into the 4th quarter and it was one of those games where one play would win the game and it did. York was deep in their own end and started to throw. I was thinking that that was dangerous throwing that deep and on the next play Smith Co picked it off and ran it in for the TD. York took it from the 20 deep into Smith Co territory on some great runs but ran out of time. Their injuries are really hurting. Zack Gibson started but had to come out early with his knee still bothering him. Smith Co. has a 6'10" 300 some pound sophomore! I think he was hurt and came out and hope he's ok.