Fairview COVID forfeits

fredjones

Lebanon is 2-3 on the season (1-3 on the field). Losses to Gallatin, Mt. Juliet, and Hendersonville. They have some talented skill players on offense but turned it over 6 times in a 27-10 loss to Hendersonville last night. Average 6A team. Coach Gentry has done a good job building the program from the mess he inherited 4 years ago to solid footing now. But you can tell even in year 4 under coach Gentry they’re still trying to figure out how to get over the hump. 

I look forward to this game. Thankful to get a chance to play after Beech had to cancel due to COVID. We already have a 1-0 forfeit win over McGavock but who wants empty victories. 

1 minute ago, firstandgoal said:

Lebanon is 2-3 on the season (1-3 on the field). Losses to Gallatin, Mt. Juliet, and Hendersonville. They have some talented skill players on offense but turned it over 6 times in a 27-10 loss to Hendersonville last night. Average 6A team. Coach Gentry has done a good job building the program from the mess he inherited 4 years ago to solid footing now. But you can tell even in year 4 under coach Gentry they’re still trying to figure out how to get over the hump. 

I look forward to this game. Thankful to get a chance to play after Beech had to cancel due to COVID. We already have a 1-0 forfeit win over McGavock but who wants empty victories. 

So Lebanon is playing Fairview? When??

4 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Wasn't trying to disrespect anyone.  Those transfers were talked about on the Tate Mathews show the next day after Page win.  Not 5-6 which I heard rumors but 2 maybe if I remember correctly.   

I thought they couldn't practice till the 28th?  So how do they play the 26th. I am happy for those guys but just curious

I think that was a joke that Tate was making to Coach Hughes during that interview the following morning.  Fairview is playing with a very upperclassman heavy team and several young ones who will be stars in 2021 and beyond.  They are the #3 or #4 winningest program in 3A football statewide over the last 11 years (95-29) and the players from the area are the ones who deserve the credit for that run of success.  Coach Hughes is now 101-34 as head coach at Fairview since taking over the program in 2009.  I'm just glad Fairview gets a chance to play next week against a playoff level Class 6A opponent.  It will be a huge challenge.

7 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

I think that was a joke that Tate was making to Coach Hughes during that interview the following morning.  Fairview is playing with a very upperclassman heavy team and several young ones who will be stars in 2021 and beyond.  They are the #3 or #4 winningest program in 3A football statewide over the last 11 years (95-29) and the players from the area are the ones who deserve the credit for that run of success.  Coach Hughes is now 101-34 as head coach at Fairview since taking over the program in 2009.  I'm just glad Fairview gets a chance to play next week against a playoff level Class 6A opponent.  It will be a huge challenge.

But how do they get to play next week if they couldn't start back practice till 28th.

Not sure Lebanon is a playoff caliber team.

And maybe they did get a few transfers in because Hughes never debunked that statement and even talked about one of them being a "big time player".  

1 hour ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

But how do they get to play next week if they couldn't start back practice till 28th.

And maybe they did get a few transfers in because Hughes never debunked that statement and even talked about one of them being a "big time player".  

He was talking about the QB from Page who transferred to them from Lipscomb Academy.  

Traditionally, Lebanon was not always a playoff team but if you look at the numbers since their current crop of players have been in school then you'd see that they've been a playoff team annually.  

Lebanon 

2020:  2-3 (0-2 in Region):  Remaining Region Games are Station Camp, Wilson Central, Rossview

• their losses are to Gallatin, Mt. Juliet, and Hendersonville (not exactly "cupcakes")
  • they also beat an 'at present' 4-2 LaVergne team that has a chance to win 7 Games

2019:  5-5 (lost 1st Round of 6A Playoffs to Oakland)

2018:  8-2 (lost 1st Round of 6A Playoffs to Blackman)

2017:  5-5 (lost 1st Round of 6A Playoffs to Oakland)

9 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

This BooHOOWiseMan keeps trying to stir the pot on something that is not true.  These kids have been in a FV program from youth forward.  Several have had brothers in the program.  No transfers, just home grown kids.  These kids have competed with one another since most were 5 years old.  

The quarantine ends on 9/25/2020.  First day of school is 9/28/2020.  All extracurricular activity can resume on Saturday morning 9/26/2020.  

BooHOO has a sore spot and an axe to grind over something.  Wonder which team he roots for?

20 hours ago, FVJackets said:

This BooHOOWiseMan keeps trying to stir the pot on something that is not true.  These kids have been in a FV program from youth forward.  Several have had brothers in the program.  No transfers, just home grown kids.  These kids have competed with one another since most were 5 years old.  

The quarantine ends on 9/25/2020.  First day of school is 9/28/2020.  All extracurricular activity can resume on Saturday morning 9/26/2020.  

BooHOO has a sore spot and an axe to grind over something.  Wonder which team he roots for?

That makes more since with it ending on 25th.  

I do t we why it is that big a deal if they got transfers in or not.  No one said they went out and recruited these guys.  Never meant any offense what so ever.  Just old and bored not. being able to get out and curious how everyone is handling the Covid.   You seem way overly sensitive

Not overly sensitive.  You keep trying to paint FV in a bad light with falsehoods.  No one cares about game week ribbing between rivals.  that's the fun part of the season.  It seems you have an issue with the success of our football team over the last few years.  Maybe you are a region 3A Region 6 fan of another school and it bothers you we had success on the field.  These kids and coaches at all levels work to make these kids ball players.  

No hard feelings!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FVJackets said:

Not overly sensitive.  You keep trying to paint FV in a bad light with falsehoods.  No one cares about game week ribbing between rivals.  that's the fun part of the season.  It seems you have an issue with the success of our football team over the last few years.  Maybe you are a region 3A Region 6 fan of another school and it bothers you we had success on the field.  These kids and coaches at all levels work to make these kids ball players.  

No hard feelings!

Or perhaps another team on the schedule?  He is not a Region 6-3A coach.  

I am a SH Raiders fan.  Obviously not much to talk about with our team.  I do follow some old rival teams such as Marshall, Fairview, Giles, Page , etc.  meant no harm or criticism towards the jackets.  Was simply saying that the transfers or at least what I thought were transfers really improved their team.  Nothing more. To be honest I was thinking it was Fairview guys that went to Ensworth that didn't like the new coach that was coming back home to play.  I really know nothing about any of these teams other than what I hear or read.   

I am concerned about Covid due to my health so I find it interesting how programs are handling the situation when it comes up.