Playoffs?

chs1984

I know that there is no official answer to this, so I am just thinking out loud, but how are we going to have legitimate playoffs this year, given the situation with the virus? Say that, God forbid, Maryville has to shut it down in the middle of the playoffs due to the virus. Would the team that survived to win Game 15 have any legitimate claim to the title at all? Would it be best to not even attempt to have playoffs this year? 

1 hour ago, chs1984 said:

I know that there is no official answer to this, so I am just thinking out loud, but how are we going to have legitimate playoffs this year, given the situation with the virus? Say that, God forbid, Maryville has to shut it down in the middle of the playoffs due to the virus. Would the team that survived to win Game 15 have any legitimate claim to the title at all? Would it be best to not even attempt to have playoffs this year? 

If a team in the playoffs has to stop it'll just have to be the way it is, the other team moves on to the next round.  Fair or not, that could water down the championships, but there's no other way to do it, because there'll be playoffs, unless things drastically change between now and the first Friday in November.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, chs1984 said:

Definitely playoffs. Covid is a joke. It will clear up November 4th.. please dont respond because I really dont care.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RollRed said:

Definitely playoffs. Covid is a joke. It will clear up November 4th.. please dont respond because I really dont care.

You’re right. They can dig up that dirt, open that coffin and let my neighbor out. He’s not really dead because there is no such thing as COVID!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, RollRed said:

Congratulations, this is the dumbest thing I have read all day.

People like you are why we are in the predicament we are in. 

Our President is on record saying how dangerous the virus is and how he didn’t want to create panic.

You can’t be that dumb. BTW before you label me a liberal snowflake, I voted for Trump in 2016 and I will again in 2020.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It would take a massive outbreak among many teams for them to cancel the playoffs. That is within the realm of possibility and I don't think that can be overstated, but if it ends up just being an isolated incident or two, they'll probably just issue a forfeit and have the other team advance.

I simply don't see them missing that money unless they are forced to.   

36 minutes ago, chs1984 said:

You’re right. They can dig up that dirt, open that coffin and let my neighbor out. He’s not really dead because there is no such thing as COVID!

According to the CDC in 2018 there was an estimated 82,000 Americans that died from the Flu. Did you know any of those people? They didn't count those that died with the flu, just those that died from the flu. Think about it. I think he was saying those "in charge" have made this a "joke". Not thats its not real. Otherwise he wouldn't of said it will "clear up" November 4th. After the election Covid won't be so important anymore. 

• Sad 1

COVID is a thing but then again so is the seasonal flu.  More people die from the flu than those that die from COVID.  100% Fact!  

Heck for that matter here in Tennessee I'd guess that more teenagers have died from automobile accidents than COVID has claimed this year.  

COVID  is a thing.  I'm not turning this into a political post however you can't act like it's something and then turn around and ignore other scenarios.  

8 minutes ago, stockton4182 said:

Trust me it's real. I was just like you didn't believe in it until I got it thought it was political. It was the sickest I've ever been for 3 or 4 days.

Yeah it's real. A friend of mine tested positive for covid and had to lock himself up for two weeks. Said he felt a little bad for about 24 hours but has had worse hangovers from drinking to much. My nephew had it and said he never felt anything. You say it's the sickest you've ever been. Some people die from it. There's a reason for this. They will eventually figure it out. In North Carolina they reported Monday that 6,700 people tested positive for covid that were not positive. A error in the test they say. I wonder how many times this happens.