Liberty travels to Trenton Peabody

PeabodyPride

1 minute ago, Goldenpride said:

Couldn’t have stated it any better, it’s been a group effort into building a program. From parents, fans/supporters to the band members, cheerleaders, and athletes in all sports. 

what speaks to me is even though people know a game will be a blowout or it is a blowout at the half the supporters still stay where in the past half the stands would be gone. The kids see that and it makes them want to play because they know they have support through thick and thin

Amen !!! Man the coach talking crap rubbed me the wrong way ,no matter how long ago it was !! We ain't no high faluten town ,we work hard for our youth !!  I got one better though ! Notice we show huge support when they come out after the half if they are down ! They gotta know we are there for them !

5 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

I doubt we would go down. We’ve already been in that boat a couple years after winning the title in 2A in 2014. Even though we never won state in 1A, but should’ve in 15 if it wasn’t for Nashville Christian University. Schools like Greenfield putting in papers and interviews  that it’s not fair to play us like the coach did after our last meeting just isn’t worth it  

When did greenfield coach say this ?   Any way I could watch or read it ?  
I think we would go down if we could we have been in 1a before. I don’t see why we wouldn’t. 

Just now, Tide21 said:

When did greenfield coach say this ?   Any way I could watch or read it ?  
I think we would go down if we could we have been in 1a before. I don’t see why we wouldn’t. 

Nope we wouldn't ,it killed us last time because of the gates,similar to playing Memphis teams at home unless the 1a team is having a stellar year we are facing.competion wise I don't think there's much difference in both.

1 hour ago, Goldenpride said:

It was in the Jackson sun in 2015 season and idk if that Coaches Corner has audio replays

1 hour ago, Goldenpride said:

It was in the Jackson sun in 2015 season and idk if that Coaches Corner has audio replays

The Greenfield coach also said it on the coaches corner the last year Peabody was 1A. 

12 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

The Greenfield coach also said it on the coaches corner the last year Peabody was 1A. 

I think you have said on here before we didn’t belong in 2a or something along those lines. 
If tssaa draws the lines and enrollment Puts us in 1a whose fault is that ? It isnt the schools fault that kids support the program and we have a bunch of players. Somebody has to be the smallest and biggest in the classifications. The way it’s separated now the divide from biggest to the smallest schools isn’t as bad as it used to be. 

@WarEagleCartman was it you that said Peabody doesn’t belong in 1a ? 

Edited by Tide21

1 minute ago, Tide21 said:

I think you have said on here before we didn’t belong in 2a or something along those lines. 
If tssaa draws the lines and enrollment Puts us in 1a whose fault is that ? It isnt the schools fault that kids support the program and we have a bunch of players. Somebody has to be the smallest and biggest in the classifications. The way it’s separated now the divide from biggest to the smallest schools isn’t as bad as it used to be. 

I have never said that Peabody doesn't belong in 2A. I said that I see no benefit for them playing in 1A. I have no problem with a school playing in a class that they are classified for. I was just asking what Peabody would do if the numbers put them in the 1A classification.

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I have never said that Peabody doesn't belong in 2A. I said that I see no benefit for them playing in 1A. I have no problem with a school playing in a class that they are classified for. I was just asking what Peabody would do if the numbers put them in the 1A classification.

Maybe it was one of the other lake county people. Someone said it on here around the time of the last classification not a big deal. It may have been the cartman guy  from west Carroll. I cant remember. 

I know the other Peabody guys think we wouldn’t but I believe we would. It’s just a guess 

1 minute ago, Tide21 said:

Maybe it was one of the other lake county people. Someone said it on here around the time of the last classification not a big deal. It may have been the cartman guy  from west Carroll. I cant remember. 

I know the other Peabody guys think we wouldn’t but I believe we would. It’s just a guess 

Yeah could have been. I never been one to complain about classification unless it was Union City and that was to give them a hard time. Lol. They are a rival to us. 

1 minute ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Yeah could have been. I never been one to complain about classification unless it was Union City and that was to give them a hard time. Lol. They are a rival to us. 

Haha I know you guys don’t get along. They have a unique situation. A Large town with 2 schools. It’s still hard to understand how they were 1a 

On 9/18/2020 at 10:59 PM, Goldenpride said:

Offense keeps improving and looked really good tonight . Not much to say about this one other than it’ll be another game to get better and let the young guys get some good game experience in

I had to get on @PeabodyPride as we sat in stands with his old pascimitic self,he just knewwwwww  after the first drive on offense we was doing the "Golden Tide" thing and starting slow ! I gave him crap all day yesterday about his lack of faith !!!!!