Milan vs Huntingdung week 6

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

1 hour ago, sportsnutz said:

Settle down a bit, BPM. Still early in the week. You gotta pace yourself. :lol:

I don't get too big into the trash talking until someone says something stupid. Now, if we wanna talk about the game and/or individual matchups, I'm all for it.

I read earlier where you mentioned Huntingdon's offensive line not being able to hold up. It is no secret that Huntingdon lives and dies with the O-Line play due to the offensive scheme. They have been a bit of a jekyl and hyde bunch this year. They have decent size, but not the size we have had in the last 5+ years. In the 2nd half against Camden the asserted dominance and ran away with the game. In the waverly game they manhandled the defense and did whatever they wanted to do. But in the McKenzie game they were pushed around and against bruceton, they couldn't open up any holes for the run game. My hope is that the lack of experience and lack of reps due to covid restrictions is the reason for the slow start. Maybe the 2nd half vs Camden is a sign of things to come and they are getting it together.

As we have already talked, though, Huntingdon will need to come out of the gate with a more balanced offense and not wait until they are playing from behind or in 3rd and long situations. The open receivers are there when they decide to throw on 1st and 2nd downs. Swenson has opened it up a bit more this year, and it has been promising. Just have to get guys to stop letting balls bounce off their hands.

Your receivers will not be open against the Dawgs ,force it in and it will be pick 6 multiple times,short routes as a extension of the run game to back off the backers is key , execute the screen and you could keep it respectable. BPM will tell you every thing I said is true ,I think Stang's gotta play lights out and Milan come in flat for it to be remotely close .

24 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Your receivers will not be open against the Dawgs ,force it in and it will be pick 6 multiple times,short routes as a extension of the run game to back off the backers is key , execute the screen and you could keep it respectable. BPM will tell you every thing I said is true ,I think Stang's gotta play lights out and Milan come in flat for it to be remotely close .

Ain’t a snow cones chance in hades Milan will come in flat for this game. If anything they might be too pumped up. We are overmatched talent wise in this game, so we must be fundamentally sound, no penalties and take care of the football. IMO in 2017 and 2018 Milan quit when they found themselves overmatched. Last year it was a ballgame from start to finish. I don’t think Huntingdon will quit no matter the score in this one. These kids play hard and that’s all we can expect from this young team over here in Mustang Country. 

2 hours ago, Mustang1969 said:

Ain’t a snow cones chance in hades Milan will come in flat for this game. If anything they might be too pumped up. We are overmatched talent wise in this game, so we must be fundamentally sound, no penalties and take care of the football. IMO in 2017 and 2018 Milan quit when they found themselves overmatched. Last year it was a ballgame from start to finish. I don’t think Huntingdon will quit no matter the score in this one. These kids play hard and that’s all we can expect from this young team over here in Mustang Country. 

This Milan team is fundamentally very different,Diffee hs instilled a no quit attitude ! Seen a big difference in sportsmanship as well ! Trust me in recent years past I didn't lime playing them cause of some dirty stuff,they got it handed to them by cross county smaller school rivals on their inagrual game at a beautiful stadium and hit till the last second was gone and showed class !!

Edited by PeabodyPride

3 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

South Gibson is a fairly good team this year. Not nearly as good as last year. They tried to do what I suspect Huntingdung will try to do. Balanced game mixing the run and the pass. They could not sustain drives running it at us and could not give the an time to throw it. He was running for his life. Trenton manhandled is up front cause they have the horses to do it but few other teams will be able to do it. Your qb will have a hard time passing cause of the pressure and unless you have the Peabody front you won’t be able to run it. Will take a heck of a performance to beat us. I know the stanks and dawgs always get pumped to play this one so it could be closer than some expect. Sonny Moore has Milan a 24 point favorite and I think that is about right. 

36 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

This Milan team is fundamentally very different,Diffee hs instilled a no quit attitude ! Seen a big difference in sportsmanship as well ! Trust me in recent years past I didn't lime playing them cause of some dirty stuff,they got it handed to them by cross county smaller school rivals on their inagrual game at a beautiful stadium and hit till the last second was gone and showed class !!

This team has accepted leadership from the top down. They have bought into what the coaches are selling and it is amazing what this kids are doing with proper coaching. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

This team has accepted leadership from the top down. They have bought into what the coaches are selling and it is amazing what this kids are doing with proper coaching. 

It shows,funny thing is it showed as much in your loss to us as it has in every win since ! Milan has a great man and great coach at the helm now ! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Not calling Milan people out, but I thought I was insane for some of the Milan faithful to say they should’ve kept the coach from last year after our game this season. Diffee will get Milan back to where it used to be 

3 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Not calling Milan people out, but I thought I was insane for some of the Milan faithful to say they should’ve kept the coach from last year after our game this season. Diffee will get Milan back to where it used to be 

I agree. However there were things going on within the program that people in the community didn’t know about. Teddy was given a fair chance a didn’t cut the mustard. The right decision was made and things improving. Kiddos to the admin for doing the right thing. Thanks for the kind words.