Milan vs Huntingdung week 6

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

8 hours ago, Mustang1969 said:

Heck boys I didn’t know your new coach brought his qb up here with him from Mississippi. I hear that boy is the best athlete to come out of Philadelphia, Mississippi since Marcus Dupree! Y’all need to quit holding out on us.

Lol. I wasn’t going to say anything about Easley the running back but since the cat is out of the bag the kid is a beast. Number 26. Let me know what you think about him after the game. Also quarter back Anthony Brown (#1), wr DJ Smith #22 and Linebacker Antwain Barham Jr #8 all have D1 offers to power 5 schools. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Lol. I wasn’t going to say anything about Easley the running back but since the cat is out of the bag the kid is a beast. Number 26. Let me know what you think about him after the game. Also quarter back Anthony Brown (#1), wr DJ Smith #22 and Linebacker Antwain Barham Jr #8 all have D1 offers to power 5 schools. 

Wait, how many starters y’all got that actually played for Milan last year?  How much do those boys make a year? 4 players with D1 offers? Like your buddy Roy D would say “ this sounds like some mess, you think I’m jokin but  I’m not.” 

5 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

Wait, how many starters y’all got that actually played for Milan last year?  How much do those boys make a year? 4 players with D1 offers? Like your buddy Roy D would say “ this sounds like some mess, you think I’m jokin but  I’m not.” 

There is only 3 with D1 offers. There are a few kids with offers from smaller schools. The new coach is doing well at promoting our kids. 

In 1a football a single legitimate D1 athlete can make the difference in wins. Milan supposedly has 3 and others to smaller schools. So......when Huntingdon comes in tonight and pulls this one out, it may be the biggest upset in the state? Sounds like all the pressure is on Milan. I talked to a crew of Milan guys on Wednesday that said they are a little nervous about this one because there are no excuses this year.

A much improved Mckenzie team beat Huntingdon in week 1. COVID shortened practice before that game. In the last 3 games Huntingdon’s starting Defense has only given up 12 points. Waverly first string scored 1 TD on our first defense and 2 TDs late on our freshman secondary. Mustangs defense is not the issue. Huntingdon has to cut down on drive stalling penalties and hold on to the ball. They can’t afford to get into multiple 3rd and 12 situations against this Milan squad like they did in the past weeks.

36 minutes ago, Waker said:

In 1a football a single legitimate D1 athlete can make the difference in wins. Milan supposedly has 3 and others to smaller schools. So......when Huntingdon comes in tonight and pulls this one out, it may be the biggest upset in the state? Sounds like all the pressure is on Milan. I talked to a crew of Milan guys on Wednesday that said they are a little nervous about this one because there are no excuses this year.

No pressure. We all no what this rivalry means. Throw the records out the window. I remember in 2013 a 3-6 Milan team took the stanks to the wire in the last game of the season.  The kids are pumped for this game. Doesn’t matter if the fans are nervous or not. The team is laser focused. 

43 minutes ago, Waker said:

In my opinion this would definitely be the biggest upset of the night if Huntingdon pulls out a victory. This will be the best team by far that the Mustangs “WILL” face all year. I will honestly be surprised if the Mustangs score. Good luck to both teams y’all have my respect.