Milan vs Huntingdung week 6

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

6 minutes ago, Waker said:

I may have my years mixed up but I think it was when you guys beat Adamsville late in one of the best high school games I can remember. Y’all went on to win the Championship. Malone may have been QB. Either way, the kicker didn’t have a huge leg, just went out and kicked it down the middle. Barely over the bar. I think I remember reading in the Jackson Sun that he was perfect for the season. Maybe 2014-15. I think Sanders was his last name.

Yes, right guy and correct years. He was consistent and one of the best punters we have had in a while 

4 hours ago, Waker said:

I don’t think Milan will put up 42. Huntingdon's defense has been stingy and has been their strong point. 
I really wish we would start out balanced and not wait until we have to throw the ball. Wishful thinking. This team plays hard and if they can cut down on dumb penalties and turnovers this will be a good game.

How is it not possible that there is not one kid walking the halls at HHS that can kick a ball 15 yards? There are kids lined up on the sidelines at practice(that never get any action) that 1 coach could take down and kick extra points over and over. A few years ago Peabody had a kicker that looked like the ball wouldn’t make it over the goal post. Barely did. I don’t think he missed a extra point the entire year. That’s all you need. 

Huntingdung will have to be able to drive the ball and keep it away from Milan’s offense. If they repeatedly go 3 and out or have several turnovers they will put up 42 quick. But I know the stanks will play this game hard cause of the rivalry.  I don’t think it will be a blow out but I can see 35-14 type of game. 

5 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

The linebackers are to fast and athletic for most backs to run on,that being said our big backs didn't run it against them,stretching the field and forcing  the linebackers to back off is the only hope against the athletes they have on the field. Balance will keep you in the game if you cant make play against the pass this will get ugly really fast. If you guys go 1 dimensional this will be a 42 to 7 Mialn win.

I agree with this 100%. South Gibson and Lexington could not pass it because they could not keep the pressure off of the qb. Trenton Peabody has the studs up front to give Driggers time to work. Unless Huntingdung is stout up front I just don’t see them being able to do it. 

18 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

This one has been brewing for a Looooong time. I hope they pour it on....

Why has this one been brewing for a long time?Because a little 1a school has been beating the brakes off a 3a school the last 10 years. So now the 1a team is down the big bad 3a team is brewing and beat on their chest. 

Edited by horse
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, horse said:

Why has this one been brewing for a long time?Because a little 1a school has been beating the brakes off a 3a school the last 10 years. So now the 1a team is down the big bad 3a team is brewing and beat on their chest. 

School size don’t matter in this rivalry. Tell that to someone who cares. Yes I hope we beat the ever loving snot out of y’all. Always will. 

1 minute ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

School size don’t matter in this rivalry. Tell that to someone who cares. Yes I hope we beat the ever loving snot out of y’all. Always will. 

It wouldn’t even be a rivalry if Milan wasn’t a much larger school and John Tucker’s recruiting skills. And yes I know they where once in same district. But even then Milan has always had a larger enrollment.