Springfield @ Marshall Co.

Kevin38

32 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

This will be the toughest regular season game for the Jackets this year.

This will be a tough one for Marshall County as well. If MC can't clean up the penalties they will be in for a long night! 100 yards in penalties won't cut it against a tough Springfield team.

Different take here.  This is the premier matchup in 4A for us fans, but the Springfield coaches don't really care about polls and ranking.  Wilson is notorious for resting kids in meaningless non region games, the last several times we've played Beech come to mind. It wouldn't surprise me one bit, to see a lot of backups for the Jackets.  I'm not saying they wouldn't like to win, but I think staying healthy and building quality depth for the late season will be the priority in my opinion.  I could see it last night against WH, lots of sophomores playing lots of snaps on D early and often last night. 

3 minutes ago, DANR said:

Different take here.  This is the premier matchup in 4A for us fans, but the Springfield coaches don't really care about polls and ranking.  Wilson is notorious for resting kids in meaningless non region games, the last several times we've played Beech come to mind. It wouldn't surprise me one bit, to see a lot of backups for the Jackets.  I'm not saying they wouldn't like to win, but I think staying healthy and building quality depth for the late season will be the priority in my opinion.  I could see it last night against WH, lots of sophomores playing lots of snaps on D early and often last night. 

I disagree with you this year and here's why, the last several years Springfield had already played teams that had put them through adversity by this point, while even losing once or twice by this point. He needs the team to be tested to prepare them for the playoffs, this is the best opportunity to do that in the regular season imo, I just don't see him passing that up...

17 minutes ago, DANR said:

A lot of those sophomores playing early and a lot are the starters on defense or the backups that rotate in regularly. They’ve been doing that all season from the get go. 

One other tidbit; Springfield’s win over Wilson Central looks better and better. WC gave Mt Juliet all they wanted last night. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GangTackle said:

This game will let us know if the Jackets are for real. Marshall co is a great program.

I know the west side is weaker and all, but 4  straight semi finals appearances and 2-3 championship games would say that the Jackets have a pretty good program too!