Springfield @ Marshall Co.

Kevin38

23 hours ago, DANR said:

I know the west side is weaker and all, but 4  straight semi finals appearances and 2-3 championship games would say that the Jackets have a pretty good program too! 

I don't think you can argue that Springfield is doing something right, they give up a size advantage most of the time, BUT this year's team has more size up front than any teams I remember from the past, looking forward to see how everything plays out...

17 hours ago, brian2000 said:

Fun fact: MC avg score is 30-24

( MC played the toughest competition w ith Tullahoma)

SHS avg score is 41-12

All of the Marshall opponents is far are more competition than Springfield's opponents so far. I think Lincoln County, Shelbyville and Tullahoma could be a tough test for SHS in my opinion.

Marshall County 28

Springfield 21

28 minutes ago, Marshall1969 said:

All of the Marshall opponents is far are more competition than Springfield's opponents so far. I think Lincoln County, Shelbyville and Tullahoma could be a tough test for SHS in my opinion.

Marshall County 28

Springfield 21

That’s my biggest concern going into this game for Springfield is the lack of quality opponents. You play who you play, and at the time the schedule is made you sometimes don’t know how good an opponent will be. 

Wilson Central is probably the best team we’ve faced seeing as to how tough they played Mt. Juliet last Friday. I do think facing a hard running team like White House last week will help our young defense learn a lot, but the Jackets have faced nowhere a team as good as Tullahoma like MC has. 

I think this game will be a high scoring game no matter who wins. 

20 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

That’s my biggest concern going into this game for Springfield is the lack of quality opponents. You play who you play, and at the time the schedule is made you sometimes don’t know how good an opponent will be. 

Wilson Central is probably the best team we’ve faced seeing as to how tough they played Mt. Juliet last Friday. I do think facing a hard running team like White House last week will help our young defense learn a lot, but the Jackets have faced nowhere a team as good as Tullahoma like MC has. 

I think this game will be a high scoring game no matter who wins. 

It should be an exiting game. I'm glad we play the BEST team out of the West. Hopefully we will play again next year.

I will say Springfield is miles ahead on both sides of the ball right now from when we played Marshall county last year. The offense has more play makers than I can remember a Springfield team having since the 90’s. The defense has more quality depth than they’ve had in a while also. Now will that equate to a win on the road against a tough and well coached team? I hope so. This will be the Jackets toughest game all regular season, without a doubt.

43 minutes ago, Marshall1969 said:

It should be an exiting game. I'm glad we play the BEST team out of the West. Hopefully we will play again next year.

Haywood County and Hardin County fans may not agree, but I’m confident in saying that we are one of the three best teams in the west. I hope the series is renewed but I haven’t heard anything. 

25 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Haywood County and Hardin County fans may not agree, but I’m confident in saying that we are one of the three best teams in the west. I hope the series is renewed but I haven’t heard anything. 

You all have been in the championships 2 out of the last three years and have beaten both on the field so from someone from the East Springfield definitely has the right to say they are the best in the West until proven other wise

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1