Macon Co @ Trousdale Co

MaconVol

5 hours ago, TCRadio said:

That would help, but he’s on his own time, whenever he has his business taken care of he will play

I just do t see how unless the rules have changed when I was in high school if you had a grade issue you had to wait out all sports until after I'm Xmas. But I have been out of school for well over 15 years.

2 hours ago, RTD said:

I just do t see how unless the rules have changed when I was in high school if you had a grade issue you had to wait out all sports until after I'm Xmas. But I have been out of school for well over 15 years.

there is a new credit recovery to get those credits back, I would believe that’s what he is doing now 

5 hours ago, RTD said:

Good call RTD. Article 2 Section 2 of the TSSAA handbook will clear up any questions. Credit requirements must be met by the first day of school. You cannot gain eligibility until the second semester if you are academically ineligible on the first day of school. This would mean that said player must have been eligible by TSSAA standards but held by the school or program. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler

14 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Good call RTD. Article 2 Section 2 of the TSSAA handbook will clear up any questions. Credit requirements must be met by the first day of school. You cannot gain eligibility until the second semester if you are academically ineligible on the first day of school. This would mean that said player must have been eligible by TSSAA standards but held by the school or program. 

I'm assuming since Summer School wasn't offered or credit recovery due to COVID, there are loop holes to jump?  Then again this rule may still be set in stone.  I just figured by this talk, someone already knows something and I would think the staff has spoken with TSSAA.  If the kid had no chance of getting to play this year, I'm sure that has been communicated to him.  

27 minutes ago, JohnDutton said:

I'm assuming since Summer School wasn't offered or credit recovery due to COVID, there are loop holes to jump?  Then again this rule may still be set in stone.  I just figured by this talk, someone already knows something and I would think the staff has spoken with TSSAA.  If the kid had no chance of getting to play this year, I'm sure that has been communicated to him.  

Could be the TSSAA is allowing exceptions because of COVID-19. I just haven’t seen it anywhere. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler

None of us know the full extent to what this student has or hasn't done and frankly, its none of our business. For us to ponder and continue to discuss this young man's personal business on a public forum is not fair to him and we need to say nothing else and respect his privacy. All that needs to be said, he is on the team, there are circumstances and he is not able to play. I have all the faith that the Dr. will make darn sure everything is in place before the young man steps onto the field in uniform. 

I will say, I believe he has been participating in practice for the duration, so there is at least the chance that he could return this year. Is it Friday, we shall see come Friday night. 

Unfortunately, there will not be a Burma Road Episode this week due to some scheduling difficulties with the podcast team. I do know several enjoy my spot and I haven't posted a written version this year in an effort to drive listeners to the podcast. But since this week's show is cancelled enjoy the script!

By the Numbers: Week 5 Review: The Yellow Jacket were on the road again, this time to visit the Westmoreland Eagles. The home team won the toss and took the ball. The Trousdale Co. Defense stood tall and forced a 3 and out. The Jackets started their first of only 2 drives in the first half and would take nearly 10 mins off the clock. On the 16th play of the drive, Jordan Pickett found pay dirt for the first time this year from 3 yds out. The Jackets would get a second drive midway through the 2nd qrt and take the ball inside the Eagle Red Zone but it fizzled out with seconds remaining in the half on a failed 4th down attempt. The Jackets lead 7-0 after 2. Both Defenses were very stingy all night and neither team got much going in the 3rd qrt. In the fourth, Jordan Pickett had great vision and found the cutback lane to the left which led to the promise land. The run covered 24 yds and Colton Key's PAT made the Jacket's lead 14. Late in the game Heath Chasse showed off his leg strength and boomed home a career long 42 yd FG for a final score of 17-0. Now for Week 6 where the Jackets will host the 4A Macon Co. Tigers.                                                                                                                                           

Macon Co.'s 2020 Review:  The Tigers enter this W6 matchup riding high behind an unblemished record of 5-0. W1 they clipped the wings of the Smith Co. Owls 43-7. W2 saw them go bird hunting again as they took out the Eagles of Westmoreland 13-7. Mt. Juliet Christian was the W3 victim in a 39-12 ballgame. W4 the Tigers were credited a 1-0 Covid Win over the Davidson Co. school of Glencliff. Last week the Cumberland Co. Jets never got off the ground and the Tigers won 48-7. Macon Co. is scoring 35.8 PPG while only giving up 8.3 PPG. Overall the Tigers' scheduled opponents have a combined 14-29 with the teams they have already faced having only won 3 games.   

Trousdale Co. 2020 Review:   The Yellow Jackets enter this old rivalry behind a 3-2 record. Their 3 wins have all been on the road against White House, Gordonsville and Westmoreland. Their 2 losses were at home against Friendship Christian and Watertown. The 2020 concerns through the first 4 games may be in the rearview mirror as last week’s game saw the Jackets turnover whoa’s vanish, however penalties still put some strain on the offense. The coaching staff has done a great job of platooning players and getting young guys quality experience. This will pay off down the stretch has the Jackets will be better rested and have depth. They are putting up 18.6 PPG, while allowing 10.6 PPG. The Defense has 1 shutout and are responsible for 2 scores. Teams on the Jackets calendar this year have combined for a 25-22 record.                                                                                   

Trousdale Co. Stat Highlights: Half way through the 2020 Regular season, the Jackets have seen 7 different players put points on the board. Bryson Claiborne leads that list having scored 30 points (5 TDs), Jordan Pickett and Jayden Hicks sit tied in 2nd with each accounting for 12 points (both 2 TDs). In 4th place is Heath Chasse accounting for 10 points (7 PATs and 1 FG). Cameron Rankins and Brian Banks each have 6 points (1 TD) and Colton Key has accounted for 4 pts. (4 PATs).

Common Opponents: The 2020 season schedules for Trousdale Co. and Macon Co. have only 1 similarity, the Westmoreland Eagles. Macon Co. defeated them in W2 13-7. Trousdale Co. played them last week where they won 17-0.                                                                                                                     

Rankings: Sonny Moore Computer Power Rankings. Trousdale Co. following Week 4 sat in 108, which was 8th in 2A while there scheduled opponents having an average rank in this poll of 166. The Tigers of Macon Co. were at 96, and their opponents average a rank of 208.3 in this poll. The Massey Ratings show the Yellow Jackets and list them at 111 which is 3rd in 2A, and their scheduled opponents average a rank of 208.8 in this poll. Macon Co. this week is rated as team 163 and their opponents have an average rank in this poll of 218.2. unapproved website 2A Rankings Trousdale Co. sits in 8th spot. CoachT 2A Stength Rankings Trousdale County is in 18th. 2A AP Rankings following week 4, the Yellow Jackets were in 7th.                                                                                                                                                                                  Match-Up History:   Trousdale County leads this series with a 57-20 record. Since 2001 the 2 have seen each other 17 times. Trousdale Co. bested Macon Co. in 13 of those games. Macon Co. won games in 2003, 2006, 2014, & 2017. The last 2 years has seen the Hartsville bunch win 28-0 each year. 

My Take: This is always an exciting game and often becomes very spirited. I’d expect nothing less than that come Friday night. The Tigers on paper appear primed to continue their winning streak, but I don’t feel that they have seen the level of competition the Jackets have seen. The Purple and Gold have had some growing pains but there is visible improvement and growth with this team and I believe they are finally getting in a groove. The Tigers may be catching the Jackets at a bad time. I look for the Jackets to win by a couple of scores. Go Jackets!                    

Edited by BCB~MVP

22 hours ago, BCB~MVP said:

None of us know the full extent to what this student has or hasn't done and frankly, its none of our business. For us to ponder and continue to discuss this young man's personal business on a public forum is not fair to him and we need to say nothing else and respect his privacy. All that needs to be said, he is on the team, there are circumstances and he is not able to play. I have all the faith that the Dr. will make darn sure everything is in place before the young man steps onto the field in uniform. 

I will say, I believe he has been participating in practice for the duration, so there is at least the chance that he could return this year. Is it Friday, we shall see come Friday night. 

I do know but it's all a moot point he won't play this year no matter what his credits are. I highly doubt he will ever be in TC uniform again. The point is the whole situation was handled wrong and seems to be a lot of those situations that have been handled badly by coaches of TC. What isn't fair is how the coaches lead the kid on knowing he couldn't play this year honesty is always the best policy.