Week 6 -- Daniel Boone at D-B

TribalEmpire

9 minutes ago, timcraw said:

Boone, Betsy, and Greeneville are all good teams. DB is just blessed with size. 3000+ kids is ofcourse gonna produce more athletes than a school with 1500 (not sure of the actual populations). Im least convinced of Betsy to be honest. Ofcourse they are good. Im just not big on Rollins. Hes got an arm but he is too quick to scramble out of the pocket. Hang in there and let your playmakers get open. That scrambling may work sometimes but when you start playing bigger competition, certain teams will shut it down. Boone slowed that down quite a bit. I see more close call game in the near future and a playoff exit before they hit the west side of Knoxville this year. Im just not sold. I said in a AC thread that between the 3 (AC, Greene, and Betsy) that Anderson is the best all around team. But we know what opinions are like and everyone has one lol

Well, I'm pretty sure Greeneville and Elizabethton are much closer to half of 1500 students.Both have done pretty good over the last year or two against schools their own size and much bigger,even when it comes to Knoxville and beyond. If it were based on numbers alone,Jeff county would be a powerhouse in 6A every year.Lets not forget DB will finish the season with a school that has about as many kids as the DB band  and it will be a war.

1 minute ago, BatmanDB said:

Well, I'm pretty sure Greeneville and Elizabethton are much closer to half of 1500 students.Both have done pretty good over the last year or two against schools their own size and much bigger,even when it comes to Knoxville and beyond. If it were based on numbers alone,Jeff county would be a powerhouse in 6A every year.Lets not forget DB will finish the season with a school that has about as many kids as the DB band  and it will be a war.

very solid point. My point was that Greeneville and Betsy are not the same teams as the last few years. Im basing on Performance. I just think the argument that Db hasnt played anybody is ridiculous when you look at Boones schedule.

6 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Just as an fyi....      https://tssaa.org/article/school-classifications-by-sport-2017-2021#di-football

Dobyns-Bennett     2208
Daniel Boone          1314
Anderson County   1060
Greeneville               913
Elizabethton             819

In general more students = more athletes, yeah there are exceptions but that is why you don't see DB or Science Hill playing North Greene, Unaka, etc.        Now of course there are exceptions, as we shall see on Oct 29 when Alcoa (646) comes rolling into Kingsport.....

See told ya i dont know the populations lol. I was kind of close? Maybe?

2 hours ago, timcraw said:

Boone, Betsy, and Greeneville are all good teams. DB is just blessed with size. 3000+ kids is ofcourse gonna produce more athletes than a school with 1500 (not sure of the actual populations). 

I would agree that it gives you a better crop to choose from but then you have the Alcoa's in the world who regularly beat the brakes off big 6a schools. This is not to start an argument on how they do it, but rather they do. 

Student attendance numbers obviously matter. But solid programs are built over time and they are maintained. Make a slip in a power house small school and they will pay quickly for a couple years. Fulton is down this year and it can happen more quickly to smaller than larger school enrollments if you have a program established.

29 minutes ago, tj3775 said:

I would agree that it gives you a better crop to choose from but then you have the Alcoa's in the world who regularly beat the brakes off big 6a schools. This is not to start an argument on how they do it, but rather they do. 

I agree. Ofcourse like blazer said, there are exceptions. But This years Boone, betsy, and Greene are not those exceptions.

1 minute ago, blazer1set said:

This one is going to get ugly..... referring to the rainy weather..     Well the game has a high probability of being ugly too depending on which side of the field you are on.    Maybe I should numb the pain with some Booneshine first.....

I saw 90 percent rain but it supposed to let up around 5. Thats based on google (which has lied to me quite a bit) so who knows

Looks like the rain will stop before the game.That's a good thing.DB has probably won some great games in the rain but some of my least fond DB football memories were games with bad weather.That playoff game at SH with it raining and in the thirties had to be the coldest game I've ever watched . I'd take 10 degree weather over that night.