Week 6 -- Daniel Boone at D-B

TribalEmpire

6 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

Did your team beat the living hail out of South a week earlier.

I'll go ahead and answer.My son was sick that night too.I knew it was some kind of flu but never thought about it being that.You guys were sick as crap but played anyway.I knew it was going to be a long night when my Indian had his hands on his hips at the first of the game going against a future D1 player.Also the sky's opened up.I thought it was the most fantastic show of guts I'd ever seen but not everyone agreed .One coach said the team gave up.I 100% disagree to this day.

14 minutes ago, Indian2424 said:

and i know who your indian was, he was a good and honest guy with a good work ethic and was always friendly and respectful to even the younger players

I knew a lot of the players back then from the time they were kids.Not only his class but the groups above with now coach Fleming and some of my favorites like Will Bateman and the groups below with Rusty,Chris and many of  the Juniors and now coach Hayworth or '' Big TY'' and many of  the sophomore class..A lot of great young men and way to many to name.

Absolutely positively certain that Boone, as the kids these days would say, “didn’t want that smoke” 

Saw a quick out and took it. Shows a lot about the backbone of the AD and HC over there. And yes if you can’t tell I’m just a little bit irritated about the game being cancelled. 

It would be different if the team didn’t go through the correct channels to make sure we did the right thing, but for Boone’s statement to make it seem like DB doesn’t care about their students safety is absolutely ridiculous and makes me mad. 

3 hours ago, DBKPT93 said:

Absolutely positively certain that Boone, as the kids these days would say, “didn’t want that smoke” 

Saw a quick out and took it. Shows a lot about the backbone of the AD and HC over there. And yes if you can’t tell I’m just a little bit irritated about the game being cancelled. 

It would be different if the team didn’t go through the correct channels to make sure we did the right thing, but for Boone’s statement to make it seem like DB doesn’t care about their students safety is absolutely ridiculous and makes me mad. 

I can't speak for Boone administration but Boone fans are bummed out over this as well.    Yeah of course we knew we were going to lose but you still get out there and play the game for 48 minutes

42 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I can't speak for Boone administration but Boone fans are bummed out over this as well.    Yeah of course we knew we were going to lose but you still get out there and play the game for 48 minutes

I was referring to the language in the press release from Boone. Made it seem like DB doesn’t care about safety of our kids, when they went through all of the correct channels and were given the go ahead from SCHD

3 hours ago, DBKPT93 said:

I was referring to the language in the press release from Boone. Made it seem like DB doesn’t care about safety of our kids, when they went through all of the correct channels and were given the go ahead from SCHD

Exactly ! Shows cancelled on schedule per State guidelines . If Covid was a factor , Covid loss / Win would be listed ! 

The safety precautions were taken , guidelines met , Play Ball .... That Simple !!

On 9/25/2020 at 5:20 PM, Indian2424 said:

i get wanting to be super aware of player safety, but what if a scout who came and watched a DB player came and watched the game and said wow boone has a few players that we may need to follow, things like that happen all the time, but i get that they dont want to take a risk of the virus, but also sullivan county health department has nothing to do with kingsport city schools and they said it wouldnt be an issue, idk maybe im just being sour because i donr get to go to the game tonight, it just seems like boone was ready to call it quits as soon as possible

Yeah...I was pretty bummed about it too. Oh well, off to Jeff Co