Gordonsville @ Coalfield

PanchoandLefty

Just now, croz6110 said:

Looking at film and comparing this year to last, I feel Coalfield was better last year. 

We are ahead of last year, mainly due to the fact that we are healthier. Last year's game was the first game we ran the wing-t. We had to run it out of necessity due to the injuries.

My early prediction...27-6 Gville.

Ok

34 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Looking at film and comparing this year to last, I feel Coalfield was better last year. 

We are ahead of last year, mainly due to the fact that we are healthier. Last year's game was the first game we ran the wing-t. We had to run it out of necessity due to the injuries.

My early prediction...27-6 Gville.

This years team would beat last years by 14

35 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

It seems ya'll lost quite a bit of starters. What's the main difference between this year and last, because I just don't see it on film. But you guys are closer to the program.

We did lose some starters, but the attitude of the team is better. They don’t try to be flashy and just stick to what they’re good at. We run the ball better this year compared to last and can throw a little bit better. Defense is probably about the same as last year or just a little bit worse. 

I watched Gordy last night and they are a very good team that will probably win this game 35-14 and I expect them to pick their offense up this week. I will probably go watch this game since the pirates don't have a game as of now. Coalfield should have a shot at going decently far this year with Greenback being down so this should be a good game.

1 hour ago, PanchoandLefty said:

We did lose some starters, but the attitude of the team is better. They don’t try to be flashy and just stick to what they’re good at. We run the ball better this year compared to last and can throw a little bit better. Defense is probably about the same as last year or just a little bit worse. 

That makes sense. We lost a lot of size and experience, especially on the line, but I feel we're better with the transfers and with the overall attitude of the team. They seem to really play well together. 

If and when we get our offensive kinks worked out, we'll be alright.

Cf is definitely playing better offensively this year.  Our Sophomore Qb has looked pretty good so far,  he has really turned the corner from last year.  The only thing that concerns me is the line play.  We are young up front  and we haven't played a team the caliber of Gordonsville.  Gordonsville is probably the best team on our schedule except maybe Oneida.  We will have our hands full Friday night. 

I went to Huntland last week and evaluated South Pittsburg on the Basin/Whitwell thread. 

I plan on going to Coalfield this week to evaluate the Jackets and the Tigers. I will share my findings here. 

Prediction: Gordonsville 31 Coalfield 20

My Week 5 notable east teams:

1. South Pittsburg

2. Gordonsville

3. Copper Basin

4. Coalfield

Currently on my radar:

Monterey

Edited by TheRefuter
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TheRefuter said:

I went to Huntland last week and evaluated South Pittsburg on the Basin/Whitwell thread. 

I plan on going to Coalfield this week to evaluate the Jackets and the Tigers. I will share my findings here. 

Prediction: Gordonsville 31 Coalfield 20

My Week 5 notable east teams:

1. South Pittsburg

2. Gordonsville

3. Copper Basin

4. Coalfield

Currently on my radar:

Monterey

Look me up and we can evaluate them together. I've yet to meet anyone from Copper Basin.