South Pittsburg Needs Games Sept 25 and Oct 2

SPHS09

3 minutes ago, piratetom said:

Welcome to football. That goes on just about everywhere, at all levels.

Can you believe that guy crying about getting booed and it's a rough place to go? OMG, you have to be kidding me.  What do they want us to do at SP? Go on the field thru there cheer line and root the visiting team on? You can tell these new kids on the block PirateTom.  Us older coacht guys have been on this for a long time and it's funny to see all the crying other teams toward SP or any other good program. When you get that tail whipped so may times all you can do is talk and complain I guess. 

7 minutes ago, sportman said:

Can you believe that guy crying about getting booed and it's a rough place to go? OMG, you have to be kidding me.  What do they want us to do at SP? Go on the field thru there cheer line and root the visiting team on? You can tell these new kids on the block PirateTom.  Us older coacht guys have been on this for a long time and it's funny to see all the crying other teams toward SP or any other good program. When you get that tail whipped so may times all you can do is talk and complain I guess. 

I don't mind going to South Pittsburg to play last time we were there we sent your fans home early upset LOL.

11 minutes ago, sportman said:

At the best you all usually bring a decent crowd. It want be a huge gate, not from CB side anyways. I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see. Hope everyone is safe and able to play that day. 

That's about all we have living in the Basin area lol. Very small community but we try. I think our entire county population is around 16,000 and most of them live on the Polk County High school side of the mountain.

11 minutes ago, sportman said:

You nailed it my friend.

Happy Friday Skillets! I hate your not playing - I had this game circled on my calendar. If your looking for a fix, head across the hill - Moore County vs. Eagleville should be pretty good. I would invite your to our place tonight against Cornersville, but we are already sold out.

Keep your boys and coaches safe, a COVID loss is a lot less fun than a real loss if you can believe that. 

1 hour ago, Jim1972 said:

So let me get this straight.The game is on the schedule for the last game of the season.South Pitt wants to change it so covid won't be a factor??Well I say tough crap.CB should be able to play and get better before that game and just like everyone else in the state you take your chances.I say good job to Basin for not changing it.My gosh you all have multiple threads trying to get a replacement game and guess what NO ONE wants to go to South Pitt.Wonder why??Opposing teams and fans get booed??They try to intimidate the fans and players,I wouldn't want to go there either.

I will bite so you can get your facts straight.  Copper Basin had two straight open weeks. Last week and this one. SP has one this week and next week. Because of other teams cancellations, Copper Basin was asked last week if they wanted to move our game on Oct 30th up to today. That would allow both teams time to find other games on Oct 30th. Having longer to find a game might have helped us both do so. However, CB did not want to move it up so that was the end of the discussion. The goal here is to try and let the kids play as many games as possible and take advantage of all dates. Ultimately it’s about the kids. Have a great day. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Well not many teams can say they're 6 and 2 against you all in the playoffs. Oh crap I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that either LOL

BTW, I heard you had Bubba the lineman out for the season so he transferred backed to Alcoa and is playing for them against Muhrvuhl.  They must have a heckuva sports med Dr over there!

6 hours ago, Jim1972 said:

So let me get this straight.The game is on the schedule for the last game of the season.South Pitt wants to change it so covid won't be a factor??Well I say tough crap.CB should be able to play and get better before that game and just like everyone else in the state you take your chances.I say good job to Basin for not changing it.My gosh you all have multiple threads trying to get a replacement game and guess what NO ONE wants to go to South Pitt.Wonder why??Opposing teams and fans get booed??They try to intimidate the fans and players,I wouldn't want to go there either.

I hope it works out for game 10 and there is a packed house.  That said, COVID cuts both ways hoss. 

3 minutes ago, rlh said:

BTW, I heard you had Bubba the lineman out for the season so he transferred backed to Alcoa and is playing for them against Muhrvuhl.  They must have a heckuva sports med Dr over there!

Yes,they have a magical medicine man.He sent pics to everyone in a boot said "out for season,I hate 2020 get on out of here".Coaches found out over the internet didnt even say bye or screw you.lol.Then we got a picture before the Oneida game showing him dressed out.I understand leaving for a place like Alcoa but he could have told the coaches in person or phone at least.