South Pittsburg Needs Games Sept 25 and Oct 2

SPHS09

2 hours ago, Pirate1999 said:

You guys are looking for game this week and not next week I think. SP lost out on a 30k gate against Jasper and probably a 15-20k gate against Red Bank. We feel your pain. I’ve been living in south Pittsburg my whole life and never have experienced a year like this with cancellations etc..Piedmont has more students in high school than SP. SP is a 7-12 school

I'm a little confused on how we lost 30k on the jasper gate. We are limiting ticket sales to 2k tickets. You multiply that number by the cost of each ticket its about half of 30k.  Plus what season passes were pre sold and tickets that were pre sold for the jasper game.  I dont see how 30k was lost.  Maybe I'm missing something 

• Like 1

Just now, oneyewilly said:

I'm a little confused on how we lost 30k on the jasper gate. We are limiting ticket sales to 2k tickets. You multiply that number by the cost of each ticket its about half of 30k.  Plus what season passes were pre sold and tickets that were pre sold for the jasper game.  I dont see how 30k was lost.  Maybe I'm missing something 

From what I was told, there was no limit on that crowd for that game. It was not limited to 2k tickets. 

1 minute ago, Pirate1999 said:

From what I was told, there was no limit on that crowd for that game. It was not limited to 2k tickets. 

That would make sense but why limit the tickets to any game if you aren't going to for the games with the largest crowd.  The point of limiting tickets is for proper social distancing.   

If that game wasn't limited then I dont believe it was announced.  The whole purpose for the season pass was because of the crowd limitations. 

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I’d like to see us play for the first time in over a year. I am thinking about going on a road trip this week to watch a game. I’d like to watch one of our opponents though. Who is best in west? Has anyone seen Gordy play? Maybe just stick to a local game as well. 

Wow!  What was the last game you watched of the Pirates?  

7 minutes ago, gemofthehills said:

Plus if like Alabama schools, you charge for parking and concession sales.  

A lost game hurts the economy in a small town.  McDs and others get some extra sales.

I think there's a few places that might charge close to the stadium, but plenty of good free parking all around the school and Grace Baptist Church behind electric cooperative with lots of parking spaces they let the school use. 

14 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

That would make sense but why limit the tickets to any game if you aren't going to for the games with the largest crowd.  The point of limiting tickets is for proper social distancing.   

If that game wasn't limited then I dont believe it was announced.  The whole purpose for the season pass was because of the crowd limitations. 

I agree,why would you limit for any other game??Doesnt make sense,either you are worried about Covid or you just let the kids play and the adults make adult decisions.Meigs I think is doing the same thing for the Pitt game and Oneida.Some families may have had to miss seeing their kin play but some wont.Either limit or dont.The picking and choosing  is as crazy as limiting itself.

Just now, orngnblk said:

I agree,why would you limit for any other game??Doesnt make sense,either you are worried about Covid or you just let the kids play and the adults make adult decisions.Meigs I think is doing the same thing for the Pitt game and Oneida.Some families may have had to miss seeing their kin play but some wont.Either limit or dont.The picking and choosing  is as crazy as limiting itself.

I totally agree! If not limting for certain games why limit at all.    Im not sure they lifted limitations I was told all games were limited. That is why most people bought a season pass.   Maybe I missed that announcement 

7 hours ago, oneyewilly said:

Who is counting and limiting....exactly