South Pittsburg Needs Games Sept 25 and Oct 2

SPHS09

Just now, rtl112 said:

No, Gordy was coming to Coalfield.

From all the bs I have read SP will not travel for some strange reason. I’m all for  it. At this point I don’t care if they play UT, I’m just tired of seeing how SP lost so much money and won’t travel. If a school will split the gate there is some money. If SP program is in that bad of shape they need someone else in charge of the money. We all know how much money is lurking the streets of SP and I’m sure the team could get some donations easily. 

2 minutes ago, Spfan2011 said:

From all the bs I have read SP will not travel for some strange reason. I’m all for  it. At this point I don’t care if they play UT, I’m just tired of seeing how SP lost so much money and won’t travel. If a school will split the gate there is some money. If SP program is in that bad of shape they need someone else in charge of the money. We all know how much money is lurking the streets of SP and I’m sure the team could get some donations easily. 

Let's look at a typical game for SP that is an away game with some good distance like a Coalfield. You have probably 3k in pregame and postgame meals for everyone plus the charter bus rentals. SP will not travel because we would lose money. Home games are a must that replenish the account each year. We lost two huge gates and that hurts. A game will not be played over the next two weeks unless it's at Beene.

1 hour ago, powerp said:

Let's look at a typical game for SP that is an away game with some good distance like a Coalfield. You have probably 3k in pregame and postgame meals for everyone plus the charter bus rentals. SP will not travel because we would lose money. Home games are a must that replenish the account each year. We lost two huge gates and that hurts. A game will not be played over the next two weeks unless it's at Beene.

Sack lunches and the yellow bus doesn't cost very much.   

How many season passes were sold?  Home game played or not that money stays.  Did sp lose money yes...did they lose 30+k.... I dont see how.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

Good question. Were we mislead on the crowd being limited to 2k?    

You seem to have all the answers 

I don't have the answers...I'm just going by common sense of what I see. The only way of setting a number in stone is to presale tickets and not sale more than that is my point. Personally, I think fan attendance should not be limited but fans have to wear masks. Then you would get into the problem though of people that don't wear one. I can tell you from experience, there is no right answer on a certain number of fans or protocols.

1 hour ago, powerp said:

Let's do some math.  Let's say you travel to a school within an hour and a half.    Let's say it cost Sp 10k for total travel expenses.  Let's say that the opposing team offers to split the gate. If the game is a big enough game (fyffe,madison academy,piedmont the many other big programs that were options)  then the gate would have probably been close to 30k. That would be a 5k profit to Sp. At the worst you break even and get great game experience with larger dominant programs that you typically wouldn't get to play. If you break even with this scenario you still gain because of the pre sold season passes that covered ALL home games.  At least half (if not more) preseason passes were sold.   What if other schools later in the schedule cancel. What do you do then?    Maybe I'm missing something. Seems like you are close to the program maybe you can give me better insite on this.  

10 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

Let's do some math.  Let's say you travel to a school within an hour and a half.    Let's say it cost Sp 10k for total travel expenses.  Let's say that the opposing team offers to split the gate. If the game is a big enough game (fyffe,madison academy,piedmont the many other big programs that were options)  then the gate would have probably been close to 30k. That would be a 5k profit to Sp. At the worst you break even and get great game experience with larger dominant programs that you typically wouldn't get to play. If you break even with this scenario you still gain because of the pre sold season passes that covered ALL home games.  At least half (if not more) preseason passes were sold.   What if other schools later in the schedule cancel. What do you do then?    Maybe I'm missing something. Seems like you are close to the program maybe you can give me better insite on this.  

We haven't had anyone offer to split gate (that I'm aware of) that makes us any money at all or pay for travel expenses to get there. I'm not the right one to answer this specifically but maybe someone will...however, if you find a team that would split the gate and pay for our travel to get there I am sure we would jump on it within reason.

Edited by powerp

Just now, powerp said:

We haven't had anyone offer to split gate (that I'm aware of) that makes us any money at all or pay for travel expenses to get there. I'm not the right one to answer this specifically but maybe someone will...

If no one is willing to split the gate then yes I would understand the reason.  Maybe we should offer to split or give a percentage of the gate to someone coming here to play.  If no one gives on either side then nothing will happen.  I read on here that George walton would be splitting the gate (or a percentage) to Copper basin to travel there.  This is a crazy year if teams can work something out to where no one looses money then two teams would get much deserved playing time.  This obvious isn't going to be a money making year but the kids shouldn't suffer because of that. They've all put in a lot of work and deserve to play.  There can always be fundraisers etc...to help the program out.   Not being smart just curious why some sort of deal hasn't been made but yet several programs have filled  covid forfeits 

4 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

If no one is willing to split the gate then yes I would understand the reason.  Maybe we should offer to split or give a percentage of the gate to someone coming here to play.  If no one gives on either side then nothing will happen.  I read on here that George walton would be splitting the gate (or a percentage) to Copper basin to travel there.  This is a crazy year if teams can work something out to where no one looses money then two teams would get much deserved playing time.  This obvious isn't going to be a money making year but the kids shouldn't suffer because of that. They've all put in a lot of work and deserve to play.  There can always be fundraisers etc...to help the program out.   Not being smart just curious why some sort of deal hasn't been made but yet several programs have filled  covid forfeits 

Trust me, the players and coaches want to play. All of them. Hopefully something breaks or works out. I miss watching Friday night football. 

Edited by powerp